Offshore Rigs

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Offshore Rigs

Post by saltysplash »

Can anyone assist if the ODG site is still active as I put in a registration request but not heard anything back and I cant get access to their offshore scenery without being a member.

Or does anyone have any other links for Rig scenery that works in FSX as I've been putting in a bit of practice on the Wessex and was hoping to eventually fly it for the VA.

Cheers folks

Geoff

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Offshore Rigs

Post by DaveB »

Try to get in touch with Basys who is a member here. He's responsible for all things ODG ;)

As it happens.. I was only thinking about adding the rigs back to FSX today. I have the software but can't remember the order they have to be installed or any quirks.
ATB
DaveB
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

Cheers dave will do

Geoff

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Geoff :hello: Its a shame the ODG rigs site seems to have ground to a halt I hope Basys gets back to you soon. It would be difficult (very) to pull the rigs from elsewhere as you need to use the ODG configuator program to make the fields compatible with the version of flight sim you are using. If I remember correctly it also arranges the directory structure so it has the correct hierarchy for add-on scenery. Not all the oil fields are updated for fsx so they don't display correctly and don't appear in the flight planner. However all the northern fields and the forth are updated to fsx and they work well. Its quite a challenge trying to land on one
Regards
Dale
Image Image Image

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

Thanks Dale

I've pm'd Basys so will wait to see.
I may be just a tad impatient ;)

Geoff

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

Thanks to Basys I now have the required platforms up and running. Also updated the cfig file to include the 2nd engine on the Wessex but, Every time I try to land on a platform I just fall through the landing area.

Anyone have any suggestions? Its FSX btw

Cheers

Geoff

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

Ok after a bit of further testing it appears only the rigs in the beatrice field are affected, Several other rigs are safe to land on without falling through.

Interestingly I can start a flight from beatrice A QGBE on the pad but as soon as i take off and try to land again I drop through the pad.

Annoyingly that rig is the first flight on the Training flights for the VA

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Strange that :dunno: I took Aberdeen to Beatrice AD as my first flight and I don't recall any fall through, although I found a few that did :lol:
You do need to be a bit precise at landing, but I guess you know that :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

Yes, tried various angles and spots on the pad but no joy, it will happily let me start a flight from them but as soon as i lift a couple of feet and come down again its straight down into the drink :wall:

Never mind, the others on the training flights are fine so when i get the full rating (if, i mean ;) ) ill test each rig before booking a VA flight.

Geoff :cheers:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that Geoff :thumbsup:

ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!