Sad News

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Will you be attending?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2017, 09:23

Yes
62%
Not sure
38%

Total votes: 13

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Sad News

Post by TSR2 »

I echo the sentiments of all of you. I really can't believe it. Dave passed at home, and obviously due to his early years, and the fact that he didn't much care for seeing doctors, Helen hasn't been able to make any arrangements at this time. She's a fantastic daughter, and very much Dave in female form, although without the beard. I'm in the lakes at the moment with little signal, but heading back today.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

I read the news with shock and deep sadness. We have lost a great friend for that is what he was to all of us. I may not have posted much here in the past but have been a very regular visitor to this forum since shortly after it started. I have recognised the help and assistance given by Dave, not just to me, but to everyone who sought it. Who knows if there is an afterlife but if there is I hope Dave meets up with Leif, Ian and of course, Garry. It would be so fitting. His family must be suffering so much and my heart goes out to them. RIP Dave. You will be sorely missed. :'(

Andy Bamforth
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Absolutely gutted.

Why do the good guys go so young.

ATB mate, wherever you are.

Allan

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

I'm really lost for words, so will just pass my very deep sincere condolences to his family.

Thank you Dave for all your help and hints in the past. You will be missed by all.

RIP
Geoff

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

robcarrich wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 08:35
Very sad and sudden news indeed.
To me ,and I would suggest most visitors here, Dave was the knowledgeable voice of CBFS.

RobR
...and the heart of CBFS too. :agree: Always greeted new visitors with a warm hello, and of course his daily birthday wishes. A true gentleman in every sense of the word. :(

Brian

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

There are no suitable words, he was no age at all to go this soon. A devastating loss to his family and a sad loss to those who knew him. I always felt him to be the heart and soul around here.
Alex

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

Vancouver wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 09:33
There are no suitable words, he was no age at all to go this soon. A devastating loss to his family and a sad loss to those who knew him. I always felt him to be the heart and soul around here.
I can offer no better sentiment - my sincere condolences to his family and the many friends he made around the world ...

RIP DaveB !

:cheers:

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Very sad and a shock. He was very helpful to me and supportive. Also very forbearing to me. Rest in peace and pass on my condolences to his family.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Nick M
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Nick M »

Shocked and very saddened to read this news this morning. I'm only a recent and occasional visitor, but Dave's warmth and his immense contribution to the community here was very obvious. My thoughts go out to his family and to you guys here who have known him well for many years.

ATB Dave.

Nick

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Condolences to his family.
George