Rain event

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Rain event

Post by Airspeed »

Since early this week, we've been told that a mighty rain storm will drift across the State of Victoria.
Weather Bureau, State Emergency Service, Police, VicRoads...cancel any non-vital driving, take care, prepare for flash flooding, move your stock to safe ground.......
It wasn't here by Wednesday morning....."It's coming in the afternoon"...."It will hit on Thursday"...Thursday overnight"...."Friday afternoon".....
I'm not saying that they were fibbing, but it's 22:57Hrs on Friday, and all we've had so far is some reasonably heavy showers. It's just started to fall again now, but no more than a light shower. If things change dramatically, it may make the news, but right now I'm thinking of the boy who cried "Wolf!" too often. *-)
btw, if we get flooded here, I'll be feeling sorry for those who are located below our 2700ft asl. :agree:

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Rain event

Post by robcarrich »

Sounds a bit like our Met office Mike.
I dont trust em!
Although, now they have better computers, the accuracy rate has increased to nearly 60%, for yesterdays weather that is!
One can only think they’d do so much better by moving to a building with windows!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

:lol:
Well, it's the next morning.
It must have been patchy, as some people had to evacuate, whilst we recorded 22mm in the gauge over 24hrs.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

robcarrich wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 14:12
Sounds a bit like our Met office Mike.
I dont trust em!
Although, now they have better computers, the accuracy rate has increased to nearly 60%, for yesterdays weather that is!
One can only think they’d do so much better by moving to a building with windows!
:lol: :lol: Agreed!