British Eagle 1-11 304

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

ChrisOz
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

British Eagle 1-11 304

Post by ChrisOz »

Hi all, I am very close to completing my FSX Manchester 1970 revisted sim and require 1 last aircraft to complete its visitors. I am having issues with the British Eagle 1-11 304, and have been unable to get it to show up in FSX, using David Maltbys EGCC 60's airport.

The model is for FS2002, and I can see the smoke and hear it, but its invisible when its flying and taxiing around EGCC.

Is there any conversion that can be done to enable this aircraft to show up, or is this one I will have to do without?

I haven't been able to find any other repaints on this one (bac111ea.zip on FS.Com)

Cheers Chris

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: British Eagle 1-11 304

Post by Airspeed »

Looks like you've stumped a few of us, Chris! 28 views and no replies!
I know that FSX Acelleration with Dx10 on does odd things to older aircraft; I had one recently that only showed a few internal parts, no airframe, that was until I turned off the Dx10 preview.
Good luck! Someone will have the real answer.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

You could try this. Chris:
https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content. ... aft-To-FSX

....and then there's ModelconverterX, which does FS2004, but I don't know if it will handle FS2002 aircraft. :dunno:

ChrisOz
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ChrisOz »

Thanks Airspeed, will give it a crack, otherwise I might have to learn to paint proper, and repaint a 400..... I have done some very basic repainting, but mainly changing rego numbers, so I now have Trident "1's" (RP*) with the SpeedJack tail with BEA fus logo (but it's using Davids Trident 2 model) as I haven't mastered a full repaint from a paintkit

Thanks for the link tho!

Cheers Chris

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

You could try Bjoerns FSX native conversions.

(Sorry, on my phone, don't have a link to hand.)
Dave G.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

I knew that somebody would know more than me. :$
Here's the link to the 1-11 conversions by Bjoern, as mentioned by DaveG above:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4829 ... -bac-1-11/

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for finding the link Mike. :thumbsup:
Dave G.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks for pointing out its existence, Dave. ;)

ChrisOz
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ChrisOz »

Cheers chaps for the help and links! Still working on it with no luck getting it to show up yet. In the readme it says its a FS2000 file and it appears to be using the -200 series from Davids models. The download does come with its own "Model" folder,In the aircraft.cfg with just Model= as you would expect

I assume its using the -200 series, so installed it into the 200 folder and added it to the aircraft.cfg as "Model=200"...partial success as the model now shows up, but is all black

The orig textures are all 256 colours, so going to change those to 32bit bmps, like all the other 1-11s and see if that makes any difference

DX-10 isnt enabled on my sim for fsx

Will keep u updated :-)

Almost there. I converted all the 200s to FSX format courtesy of the last link. I tried using a hex editor to convert the model but not possible on that count. I then used the hex editor to open the new fsx .mdl file and noticed that all the paint titles (FUSE_1 etc) were the same for all the repaints I had. As the model was now there, but in black, I checked the file names of the eagle textures which didnt match!

Renamed the textures to the same naming convention as the others and presto..... learnt a little more today.

She's home at last! :welldone: :guinn:

Cheers Chris