How Hot are You?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

How Hot are You?

Post by Nigel H-J »

I know we Brits are often accused of complaining about the weather especially in winter but at the moment we are baking here in 33.5C but had been 34C around 93F.

Would not be too bad but no wind and very humid, nights are worst trying to get to sleep. Been no rain for at least four weeks.
Just need a good rainstorm to clear the air a bit!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Re: How Hot are You?

Post by WarHorse47 »

Same here in the Pacific Northwest. We had a brief heat wave a week ago where temps were around 95F for several days.

It cooled down to the low 80s over the weekend, but they predict back to the 90s again and no rain for the next 10 days. Cannot remember the last time it did rain.

The wife and I attended an air show up North (of Seattle). It was hot on the tarmac and flight line, but fortunately we had an air conditioned suite and bar (to quench our thirst). :guinn: But now back home I have all the fans on and all the outside plants and grass are in dire need of water.

Very unusual trend this time of year. Should be in the mind 70s.

--WH

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

We're starting to cool down just a bit here in Texas. The high yesterday was 111F. Today we're expecting a high of 103F. Now, where did I put my sweater? *-) :lol:

Brian

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Alex

grumpyoldb
Viscount
Viscount

Post by grumpyoldb »

Really struggling here in N/W England. Reached 24C today. Just had to go and get a case of draught John Smiths for tomorrow. 18cans for £14. Wifey is working tomorrow so I may have to tend the BBQ by myself.
Steve.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

24 C in northwest. Too hot and humid in Worcestershire. That front would be great if it could nudge over a bit eastward.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Depends on the context Nigel ;)

But... pretty warm, much worse when trying to work in non-air conditioned spaces where real temps are in the high 30s. Finally cracked today and bought one of those Dyson desk fans for home, mighty surprised to actually get one and with £20 off!

On the upside - I went swimming in the North Sea yesterday without freezing the important bits off. First time since 1970(ish) so not all bad.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I won't go on about when I was in a little steamship's engine room up the Congo. ( the horror, the horror ).

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Or when I was in the Comcen in Belize...

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Very Betty Swollocks here too.
Dave G.