Adieu le monde cruel!

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Adieu le monde cruel!

Post by FlyTexas »

DaveG wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 10:04
Funny, I'd not seen one on the road for years, then just after this thread was started, I passed one on my way home. Almost the same colour as the one in the screenshot too. :lol:
Spooky, ain't it? :lol:

Brian

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

When at the gliding club at Swinderby one of our members purchased a new one back in the early seventies, I got in for a ride back to the hangers with him and was surprised by the gear lever being a push and pull effort, but what really surprised me even more and he did not tell me until after he took a sharp turn on the taxiway was how much the b*gger leaned on corners at speed! Frightened me half to death!! :-O

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

It seems a lot of thought was put into the design of the 2CV. Who knew? :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZCZ0Sa-cGE

Brian

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

My big brother had a 2CV when I was younger. He had a stick-on switch on the dash board that said 'Warp Drive'! Brilliant car :thumbsup:

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Swanoir wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 18:07
My big brother had a 2CV when I was younger. He had a stick-on switch on the dash board that said 'Warp Drive'! Brilliant car :thumbsup:
And that opened a hole in the floor to allow access to a couple of sets of bicycle pedals......... ;)
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

migman29 wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 18:34
Swanoir wrote:
And that opened a hole in the floor to allow access to a couple of sets of bicycle pedals......... ;)
:lol: :lol:

Brian

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

FlyTexas wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 19:34
migman29 wrote:
Swanoir wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Brian
You can tell that my normal steeds have a bit more than "Deux Cheveux" under the lid then Brian :lol:
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

migman29 wrote:
Swanoir wrote:
That would have been an improvement! :lol:

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Swanoir wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 12:18
migman29 wrote:
Swanoir wrote:
That would have been an improvement! :lol:
Quite.
When they were in vogue though I always seem to remember them passing you on the motorway at about 85 :tonka: ,
engine burbling it's head(s) off :-O ,driver and passengers pedalling furiously................ :lol: :lol: :lol: