What Things Really Annoy You?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: What Things Really Annoy You?

Post by Airspeed »

Graham :lol: :lol: :lol: classic!

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

:agree: Oh yes, that makes me cringe every time I hear it. My other real annoyance is with those that can't stop using their mobile phones in social situations even when someone is speaking to them. One reason I am one of the five people in the world who does not own a mobile phone.

Nigel²
[/quote]

Same here Nigel, I've never owned a cell, never will either, a while back my sister sent me a picture, she had gone out for supper with 5 of her grandchildren, ALL of them were clicking away on their phones, heads down and oblivious to everything, she looked so sad and worst of all her son didn't say a thing to them!!. :rant:

And this habit of saying "Awesome" every sentence!!!, what's awesome about a slice of pizza or a cup of coffee?.....better stop or I'll be writing chapter two!!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Now this will either make you laugh or even really annoy you!!

Pedestrians using mobile phones are more or less walking zombies, they are not aware of what is happening around them especially when crossing the road and are more than likely to collide with you if you do not move out of their way. :wall:

Well, in China they have come up with a solution.............wait for it....

>
>
>
>
>https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-f ... e-44383449 :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I can just see the smartphone zombies bumping into each other while walking and talking. :lol: Did you know they now make a "smart mirror"? :dunno: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNreZyhwFF8

Brian

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

What a society it's turned into, dreading next week when it becomes legal to smoke pot in Canada, spaced out drunks texting behind the wheel. :rant:
Now they are even ordering meals that arrive in a chilled box daily, complete with step by step instructions on how to cut the veggies and cook the meal. :rant:
Call me old fashioned but I go out in the boat, catch a nice big cod, return to the dock, gut, fillet and skin it, back to the house for beer battered fish & chips with mushy peas, all in two hours!!!.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

robbie wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 04:55
What a society it's turned into, dreading next week when it becomes legal to smoke pot in Canada, spaced out drunks texting behind the wheel. :rant:
Now they are even ordering meals that arrive in a chilled box daily, complete with step by step instructions on how to cut the veggies and cook the meal. :rant:
Call me old fashioned but I go out in the boat, catch a nice big cod, return to the dock, gut, fillet and skin it, back to the house for beer battered fish & chips with mushy peas, all in two hours!!!.
I was saying to my wife just yesterday how much and how fast the world is changing. Especially over the last ten years and not for the good in a lot of cases. Perhaps it is just me getting older but somehow I don't think so.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

On the last mentioned; I tripped over a "smart mirror" video advert. It lets you do computer functions while you're shaving etc. :rant:
Might come in handy if you need to order toilet paper in a hurry, I suppose. :dunno:

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

BT (or rather Openwretch) strike again...

Another missed engineers appointment today! Having just spent over an hour on the phone to the BT call centre they've managed to extract (after much hard work) a promise from Openwretch to send an engineer on Saturday morning. Well done the call centre - awesome service!

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

I should explain for those that don't use BT services that Openwretch is a reference to Openreach BT's now third party installation and general landline problem solving (or causing) service. To say that they are generally rubbish is doing a disservice even to the stuff that ends up in landfill.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Here's ( yet ) another thing that annoys me - people who use that upward inflection of the voice at the end of every sentence? They can't say anything without turning into a query? Even my daughters, both with English firsts, do it ?

Moderators ? I think this should be a sticky ? We're all getting older and will find more and more to annoy us ? Thank you ?