Collective Noun for DC3?

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Collective Noun for DC3?

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Ade, I use Manfred Jahn Dc3 (c47) for fsx, it ports to P3d v4 with little alterations
Around 13000 ft seems to be optimal height With prop pitch around 70 gives me 2200rpm and throttle set to give a boost of 30 I can get 140 kts airspeed Fuel set to auto lean gives 260 or so kgs hour. I leave fuel heaters off as it seems to give more engine power for the same fuel burn. Must admit I've come so far with quite helpful tailwinds :fly:
Dale
Edit
Just checking the aircraft cfg file and it shows fuel flow is set to 80 gals hr at 6000ft This is more than I am achieving so maybe I'll tweak it up a bit
Image Image Image

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Spanners required!

I was trying to religiously follow the descent profile for the LOC/DME into BGSF but was well high, with inadequate fuel for a second attempt it turned out to be a bit of a bump on touchdown! Can someone fettle G-AMVB before I head off to Iceland please ;) ?
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

adysmith wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 20:36
Spanners required!

I was trying to religiously follow the descent profile for the LOC/DME into BGSF but was well high, with inadequate fuel for a second attempt it turned out to be a bit of a bump on touchdown! Can someone fettle G-AMVB before I head off to Iceland please ;) ?
That was a pretty big bump there Adrian, its going to take the boffins a bit longer than normal to get it ready for your next flight.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Just flew into Kangerlussuaq Airport / BGSF, low on fuel because of strong headwinds but a safe landing none the less. My default terrain in the area had hills on either end of the runway that were quite hazardous, but I remembered some good Greenland Scenery files I had used before and after installing it the area around Kangerlussuaq looks much better and safer. Its from FlightSim Greenland and can be found here:

http://flightsim.gl/products/scenery/

I think QEQQATA X is the one to get.
Joe Cusick,

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I tried that airport Joe but couldn't get the runway level with the terrain I added the exclude airports as supplied in the download but the runway followed the terrain On landing you were sometimes in the air or under the ground I just used the default P3d for now. I have downloaded Iceland ftx demo Looks promising
Ade use my a/c if you want I won't be flying until Thursday at the earliest
Image Image Image

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Probably Thursday before I can fly out but thanks very much for the offer
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Since we have all had so much flying our Clattering of DC-3's across the pond I was thinking we should have some additional DC-3 routes around Canada. I found a Trans Canada timetable from 1946 that shows DC-3 routes across Canada from Victoria to St John's Newfoundland, so if there is no objection I think I will add them to our routes. In addition we have now code-shared the PACA DC-3 routes through north and south America.

Since we now have all of the DC-3's moved as far as Goose Bay (except for the one I have taken on a detour) I have cleaned up the relocation routes west of Montreal and taken the second route across the Atlantic and reversed it so if anybody wants to they can fly back.
Joe Cusick,

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Joe according to the Fleet Maintenance page there are still 6 at US airfields?
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

simondix wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 19:31
Joe according to the Fleet Maintenance page there are still 6 at US airfields?
Hi Simon, after seeing your post I went and double checked, looking at the FSA pages rather than the CBFS VA pages. The only Dakota at an American airport is G-AMYV which I flew to KNEW yesterday.

All of our DC-3's have been re-registered with G-XXXX codes, and all of those are shown in there correct position, it looks like the CBFS VA page also shows phantom copies of those same aircraft from before we re-registered them.
Joe Cusick,

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Right thats fine. I am at BGSF at the moment and should have that one back in the next two or three days.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman