HU UK TV CH5 20.00 Tonight

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

HU UK TV CH5 20.00 Tonight

Post by Tomliner »

100 Years Of The RAF. Don’t think it’s a repeat. :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Re: HU UK TV CH5 20.00 Tonight

Post by Swanoir »

I've set it to record. I record everything I want to watch these days, even if I'm free as I can't stand the adverts! That's why I'm always at least a day behind with my telly viewing but at least I can skip the ads! :thumbsup:

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Tomliner wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 14:46
Don’t think it’s a repeat. :) EricT
Yes, I think it is a new programme, Eric. I just hope it's better than the BBC's effort earlier in the year which seemed to be far more about what Auntie refers to as "the Talent" than the RAF. I'm sure the McGregor brothers are a delightful couple chaps but there was far too much of them and what the bit with them at home with their parents was doing in a supposed tribute to the RAF, I never did figure out! :dunno:

Pete

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Hmm - watched the programme. Pity about the 'music' background.
It was a high-speed lightweight flight through the history of the RAF mainly featuring the various conflicts and their aircraft.
Well most of them, in the segment about the V-bombers, only the Vulcan and Valient got a mention and nowt about the H.P. Victor. :(
The various post-war conflicts were dealt with ( Libya, Bosnia, Iraq, etc.etc.) but there was no mention at all about the Falklands . :|
I trawled back & forth through my recording but maybe I missed it ?? or is it now non-P.C. ?
Not the best effort but I suppose it was a lot to expect them to make a decent job of squeezing 100 yrs of history into 1 hour (including adverts).
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

You should see the pasting it has received on the Military forum at Pprune ! I am sorry to say that I switched off about 2/3 of the way through - I thought it was awful, and, frankly, an insult to all those who served in the RAF

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

cstorey wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 19:48
I thought it was awful, and, frankly, an insult to all those who served in the RAF
I didn't think it was that bad, at least I avoided the second episode of Corrie, now that's awful.
I was also surprised by the total omission of the Falklands war, what with the Black buck raids and that
Dale
Image Image Image