GLOSTER GLADIATORS BETA

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: GLOSTER GLADIATORS BETA

Post by Molyned »

I think the P3D conversion would go down very well with the punters Dave - go for it. :thumbsup:
You might like to include the rest of my files to be able to offer a complete aircraft downad - be safer. :agree:
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I think it would be fine as a P3D only release. For me, P3D only would be better as I don't use FSX anymore except for testing. Those who actually use FSX can still use the original version.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Ok, the plan is to just convert to P3d v4 format. I'll include all necessary files (thanks Dave :thumbsup: ) so it will be a stand alone package with the original 2 paints.
Adding extra schemes designed for the FS9 model could cause problems, so I'll have to make sure any instructions are clear.
Probably upload someone this weekend.
Dave G.

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Great ! by uploading the complete aircraft file-set , folks shouldnt get it wrong -unlike me :$ .
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Dev One wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 05:55

I am now b****ered as my main 'puter has decided to quit & at the mo cannot see what is wrong.......will have to see if the HDD works in my old W7 machine as my current model is not backed up fully! :wall: :wall: :wall:
Keith
After 3 days of messing about have found that my graphics card has decided to quit, but have currently salvaged the GT630 from my old W7 machine, whilst I try to get assistance from my son to find a dual output card to replace the Radion HD5770...at least I'm back on my desktop, found laptop a bit fiddly!
Keith

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Dev One wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 15:01
Dev One wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 05:55

I am now b****ered as my main 'puter has decided to quit & at the mo cannot see what is wrong.......will have to see if the HDD works in my old W7 machine as my current model is not backed up fully! :wall: :wall: :wall:
Keith
After 3 days of messing about have found that my graphics card has decided to quit, but have currently salvaged the GT630 from my old W7 machine, whilst I try to get assistance from my son to find a dual output card to replace the Radion HD5770...at least I'm back on my desktop, found laptop a bit fiddly!
Keith
Maybe its time for that new RTX 2080 ti
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Do you know of a good Fairy? 1500€ is way beyond my pension allowance!
Keith

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Dev One wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 05:38
Do you know of a good Fairy? 1500€ is way beyond my pension allowance!
Keith
Don't you mean a God Fairy :hide:
George

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

€90 spent on an external backup drive might be worthy of consideration too!

Far too late with this bit of pedantry, but a bit like that stone in the shoe you keep trying to ignore (or SWMBO) it bugs me that the Mk II Gladiator was never the Mk 2.

Up to about 1942 all RAF Marks were in roman numerals - hence the spitfires Mk I to Mk XIX. from about '43 the marks of new aircraft would typically be in arabic numerals while existing aircraft could continue with the roman numerals. From '48 the Spitfire XIX was also referred to as the PR.19, just to add some confusion to the picture.

So Gloster Meteors and Javelins had arabic mark numbers, but not the Gladiator, Gauntlet, Gnatsnapper or Gamecock :)

Stone now shaken out of shoe, less easy with SWMBO.... (Nosey neighbours preclude suspicious holes at bottom of garden - on to Plan B)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

AllanL wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 14:11
€90 spent on an external backup drive might be worthy of consideration too!
Yes I have two back up drives & a USB, but 1) I had not backed up all of my development model I'm working on at the moment & 2) I was unable to visualise it any way as the screen was dead. Luckily I do have an older W7 'puter where I could install the D drive ( my working HDD - my C drive (an SSD) has the Operating software), put the necessary bits on a usb & then implant it in my laptop, although there is a slip up in doing that - the texture files for rendering on the model did not have the same family tree so didn't show when I tried it! Anyway alls well at the moment although I'm back to one screen until I receive a replacement.
Keith