You know when.....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

You know when.....

Post by Airspeed »

You know when you're shampooing the carpet, and you're making sure that you're not putting shampoo on the same bit twice, and the machine is roaring and whining, and your recently injured wife approaches from behind, and shouts "I'm on your right!" (hoping to avoid a collision)
Do you have to do an emergency re-shampoo of the spot where you were standing?
No, me neither; it gave me a shock, but not THAT bad. B-)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: You know when.....

Post by Nigel H-J »

:lol: :lol: Not shampooing the carpet but got one hell of a shock early one evening. City Hall, where I worked is built across an old Roman Wall and sometimes when on duty you would hear a door close along the corridor (it happened also one night with a police officer in our control room) all windows and were closed and secured by the caretaker as well as all the doors, these happenings usually occurred in the early hours.

We all knew that there was something abnormal on the floor we were on but only occasionally would we talk about it if something went off when either I or a colleague was walking along the corridor. We were never frightened but just accepted it. I was walking along the corridor back to our control room around 22.00hrs and when I approached the photo-copying room the printer suddenly sprang into life!! :-O I nearly hit the roof!! Once recovered I continued along and then as I approached the door of one of the managers it flew open and out he stepped!! OMG!! :-O Another fright, seeing the shock on my face he told me that he came in to finish off some paperwork for a meeting in the morning just before the caretaker had left. I could have easily crowned him for putting me through all that! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Brings to my warped & severe cold recovery mode mind:

One day upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish that man would go away.

:hide:
Keith

:OT:
Seems the medics over here in France, & maybe Europe? got this winters Flu vaccine wrong & there is a spate of Very Heavy Colds & Flu going around.
My wife & I have it & I can tell you its severe, totally knocked the stuffing out of us, & we walked/staggered out of the surgery with a long list of medicines, an X-ray appointment & blood test for my wife. We could open our own Chemist shop with our normal stuff!!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Keith, sorry to hear that you and Mrs One are crook.
Hope that you both get well soon.
We had a similar experience in 2018; had the jab, got the worst dose of 'flu in years, then post-viral fatigue. 6 weeks or more. :(