Horsing around in Horsham St Faith

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

Horsing around in Horsham St Faith

Post by Court Line Flyer »

Having recently moved job and the family home to Norfolk after 30 years in Essex, I thought I'd better appease the locals with a couple of relevant creations!

...this is a new Angle... :doh: :hide:

And here's a bit more fun I've been having;

TTFN!

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Horsing around in Horsham St Faith

Post by Aharon »

Are the BAC 1-11s in your amazing screenshots payware by JustFlight?

Whose scenery is that screenshot with KLM hanger?

Regards,

Aharon

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

Hi Aharon,

The scenery is UK2000's Norwich, yes, I'm using the JustFlight 1-11, all repaints are my own.

Karl

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

You have been busy, Karl! :thumbsup:

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Court Line Flyer wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 19:23
, yes, I'm using the JustFlight 1-11, all repaints are my own.
Your repaints are amazing!!!
Court Line Flyer wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 19:23
The scenery is UK2000's Norwich
Why would KLM have hangar in England instead of Holland???

Regards,

Aharon

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

If you look carefully, Aharon, you'll see that the sign actually says 'KLM uk' which was a British airline subsidiary of the main Dutch KLM company. It was formed in the late 90s when KLM bought Air UK and renamed it KLM uk (why the lower case uk, I've no idea) to operate feeder services between the UK and the Netherlands. I seem to remember that the skies over the North Sea were full of KLM uk flights inbound to Schipol to connect with KLM's international flights early in the morning with the reverse flow in the evening. KLM uk disappeared sometime in the early 2000's iirc.

CLF - looking at your superb repaints, it stuck me that if our Garry were alive today he'd be turning in his grave! :poke: ;)

Pete

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

Thanks, Pete, but gosh, I'm horrified to think I could cause offence to the those of us past and present. I'm a child of the 60's and like to experiment with a few 'what if's' along the way. Liveries were so much interesting before today's ubiquitous Euro white.

And the 'what if's' start with what if the UK Government hadn't interfered with BOAC's 'order' of the VC-10 and BEA's 'order' of the Trident. If only Vickers and HS had the freedom to develop a competitive product rather than being restricted to the specifications they had been given. Maybe we'd be talking about the '10 MAX, 1-11 NG or the Trident NEO today. Maybe the Three Eleven would have flown and the UK would have (T)rumped Boeing even before Airbus was born. :'( :'( :'( :'( At least the UK aerospace industry is no. 2 globally and we continue to challenge the norm and innovate. I am proud to be part of it.

So forgive me for my virtual nostalgia... I'm afraid there is more to follow but I mean no harm. Smile with me at what could have been and raise a glass to absent friends :guinn:

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Oh, I'm sure no one here now could possibly be offended by these great 'what-ifs' - although I did do a double-take at the thought of Air Anglia running a mixed fleet of DC-3s and VC10s - but in Garry's day they'd have been removed in seconds and you'd have had your ears soundly boxed for daring to upload such fripperies to CBSF.

Personally, I think they're great fun so keep them coming.

Pete

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Peter,

Thanks for interesting explanations!! I never never knew that KLM had separate British airline division to operate as KLM uk!!!

Regards,

Aharon