True Earth GB South release for P3Dv4

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: True Earth GB South release for P3Dv4

Post by DaveG »

Better for frame rates probably, but nothing else IMHO.
There is s small demo area for the JF product. I tried it once. Lasted about 30 seconds before I removed it.
Dave G.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks for the reply and advice. Yes that is what I have done this afternoon and I tend to agree with you. Getting a new grasphics cardf in next fortnight so shouldbe able to run True Earth better.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaleRFU
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by DaleRFU »

How are people finding the frames away from London? I don't really fly down that way so I'm more interested in the areas around Coningsby, Marham, valley and the Mach loop.

Regards
Dale
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Away from London it's fine for me, even in VR, with most settings on the high side. I've got a reasonably powerful system but it's not top end, 9700k @ 5.1ghz and a RTX 2070. London is a killer though.
Dave G.

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

If you are using win 10 try creating a new administrator local account with no password.
Run P3D in that account, its easy and fast to change between accounts.
In normal log in I have 40 or so running background programs, shutting down as many as I can get away with brings the number down to mid to high twenties.
With local account the number is in the teens, definitely makes a difference on my relatively old computer.
True earth runs more smoothly.

RobR

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I just got an email announcing ORBX EGLC London City for p3dv4, in that email there is a comment:
Note: a patch for TrueEarth GB South is currently in the works to improve general performance in the london area,
I for one have switched back to ORBX England instead of TE-GBS because even with all the shadows turned of it was not the most stable, some of that instability I think is due to the combination of JF TrafficGlobal and the ORBX products, with both regions products, the combination of dense london scenery and AI traffic seems to be too much. So I have great hope for this new patch.

Given the normal pattern we should be due for a new P3D update, hopefully this will be the V5 update and they will have improved the scenery engine, but since LM is being there normal closed mouth selves I have no information on that.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Well, I just un-installed it again. Like I said it is better than before, but is more prone to the blurries when you fly over too fast than the older products and it is still a but less stable (two CTD's in two hours), but the biggest reason I removed it was that it does not support seasons, its always summer. I know the X-Plane crowd is fine with that but I really find it unacceptable. Maybe when its actually summer I will feel different, but when flying in from the north you see that hard line where it goes from snowy to green fields is unpleasant, and when you land at an airport and the runway looks icy and trees have no leaves but the ground is still green and lush it just rubs me the wrong way.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

I reinstalled it but even with a fast(ish) graphics card I still got a slide show and, even worse, if I had a flight from say Edinburgh to LHR and used x times rate then the whole PC stopped while the graphics got themselves together and this 'pause' could be several minutes. I then got a green sea very reminiscent of the old wire scenery of the 80s. If I got lucky the scenery would pop in at around a mile from destination although I have landed on said sea a few times.

It's not just TE GB though. Even on a short flight to - say - Gutersloh the scenery is a green sea which will become realistic at around 2500ft alt/3 miles from threshold.

However, flying long distance - BZ to Akrotiri or Prestwick to Gander is no problem no matter how fast I ramp up 'the boring bits' slowing down and going into normal mode is fine, scenery perfectly ok. BUT if I do the return trip then the said green slime/graphics pause happens. My scenery is all Orbyx and I despair at the cost of replacing it with something that works.

Maybe FS2020 will be the answer??? :poke: