Advice on Netintelligence.

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Advice on Netintelligence.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi chaps, next week I am starting with a new internet provider, SSE, we are already customers with them but recently I have been fed up with Sky Broadband, without going into too much detail I tried phoning them a few weeks ago as my contract was about to expire and looking at my future billing, it would have come to £30 per month landline and broadband (I only get around 17Mb download speed presently).

Now before you say 'haggle' I was going to and rang Sky to be met with the usual recorded messages and options then as in the past I am told. "All our advisors' are busy at the moment followed by the time in queue..........thirty bl**dy minutes :rant: so put the phone down, even when I have rung them to report my internet dropping out I could not get through so will leave them next week.

With SSE they are giving me much higher broadband speed and free internet security Netintelligence which comes with a firewall though at the moment I use Avast Free and have Windows 10 Defender working.

Not heard of Netintelligence before and what I have read is that some users find it difficult to uninstall and it also stops some searches on Google.
I would rather stick with what I have but does any-one know anything about this software as may very well just keep going with what I already have.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Advice on Netintelligence.

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Hi Nigel.

I can't say I've ever heard of Netintelligence and that includes the times I have read up on anti virus software to see what's what. I also looked to join SSE some time ago but spent ages waiting on the phone just to become a customer. Needless to say, I went elsewhere and SSE aren't known for great service.

Before you do choose another provider, are you sure your address can definitely get fibre broadband? You can check here... https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband

In terms of anti virus software, take a look at BitDefender, available for £20 for a year. It's one of the best available.
I've dealt with PC's in the past that have had free anti virus software on and they were riddled with issues when scanned with a paid for product. As per usual with those who use free options, people say 'well I've not had any issues' but as I say back, 'it's not going to scream at you when it misses something is it?'

Anyway, hope all is well with the new system otherwise :)
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Chris, many thanks for the information on BitDefender, will certainly take a look at that. :thumbsup:

We have been with SSE for quite a few years now and also sell them our unused electricity from the solar panels we have, Babs has a theory about telephoning SSE and that is if she rings them during school term between 15.30 to 16.30hrs many parents will be fetching their little darlings from school and she won't have long to wait for her call to be answered, every time she has done this she has got through to them reasonably quickly so I decided to try her method and it worked!! :-O Guess it must have been luck but she swears by it!!

I can have the fibre broadband as Sky originally put me on it at a higher cost to me which was not agreed so put me down for the slower broadband. :wall:

Computer running really well and looking forward to October when I can buy the Oculus Rift 'S', will make a huge difference to flying but really looking forward to being able to race cars with it in rFactor2 and Dirt Rally. Had been watching a number of reviews on YouTube and I am sold on it.

Once again, many thanks for your advice Chris.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Although it can throw up problems I subscribe to AVG. When I say problems ie it will not let me run one particular ACARS without me having to do a lot of fiddling.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman