Oh Boy, This Will Blow Your Mind!!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Oh Boy, This Will Blow Your Mind!!

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I've watched a few videos covering this and I just can't get excited about it.
Although I'm with X-Plane these days, I used to fly with MSFS a lot although in the end, I got sick and tired of the terrible graphics engine and it's general inaccuracies.

I appreciate this is very much all new but with Microsoft behind it, it fails to get my juices flowing.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The latest update was released last night. You’ll need to login, but... wow. This is incredible

https://www.flightsimulator.com/insider-home/
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Fantastic but what sort of PC will we need to get anywhere near this level of detail?

No matter what, I want one, sell the house, car, dog, wife - no hold that - keep the dog. :poke:

ATB

Allan

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Seriously impressive. Completely transformative - if we can run it.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

An interesting video and well worth watching (if you can handle all the bl**dy adverts).

The question from the reviewer is quite simply: "Is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 the end for X-Plane 11?"

There are a number of points he raised and one in particular was VR may not come into MS 2020 for some months and also the flight physics between MS 2020 and X-Plane 11 are very close to each other.

For my part the question is, If on the other hand within 12 - 18 months after MS 2020 has been released and many simmers ditching their flight sims in favour of this new one, how will it affect third parties such as Orbx? They have just recently expanded big time, I think that they could be hit very badly as well. Just my thought.

As for me? I don't really want to be paying out maybe £10 a month subscription which, over the years will be a hell of a lot more money than I have already paid to get airborne so if the price is around that figure over say 4 years, not including any increases that will be £480. Maybe I am 'tight old git' but when on a pension.......................!!

Oh, and by the way I have heard some rumours that Google may try to get in on the act with their new Stadia Platform, if so, then light the fuse and stand well back!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir3RIvtqvn4

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The price is an interesting point, but when you consider P3D can be £50 a year (depending on when they update it) and your weather program of choice is between £20 and £50 per year (again depending on how often it’s updated and how current your existing version is) a £10 a month starts to look appealing. There’s lots of questions. The good thing about XP and P3D is if you don’t have the money to buy that years upgrade, you can stick with what you’ve got. Interesting times. 😁

ImageImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Nigel H-J wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 21:07
As for me? I don't really want to be paying out maybe £10 a month subscription which, over the years will be a hell of a lot more money than I have already paid to get airborne so if the price is around that figure over say 4 years, not including any increases that will be £480. Maybe I am 'tight old git' but when on a pension.......................!!
I will admit I didn't watch the video, but this question was specifically asked by Froogle and answered in the preview event. FS2020 will *NOT* be a subscription software. It may be available via XBox Game Pass (which has a subscription option) but it will be a standard, pay one price release. No other pricing information has been even discussed by Microsoft at this point. Anyone saying they've heard anything about a price is lying - period. There was no ambiguity in their answer to Froogle on that point, so I don't know why people continue to speculate about it or try to start rumors that there is any information other than that - no price range yet and no subscription.

Froogle's video on the event - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpBCZvuRXog
Froggle's Video covering specifically the Q&A sessions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpBCZvuRXog

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I will admit I didn't watch the video, but this question was specifically asked by Froogle and answered in the preview event. FS2020 will *NOT* be a subscription software. It may be available via XBox Game Pass (which has a subscription option) but it will be a standard, pay one price release. No other pricing information has been even discussed by Microsoft at this point. Anyone saying they've heard anything about a price is lying - period. There was no ambiguity in their answer to Froogle on that point, so I don't know why people continue to speculate about it or try to start rumors that there is any information other than that - no price range yet and no subscription.
Thanks Chris, I only heard that it probably would be superscription based, it was not a rumour but more of a speculation as MS are really spending money on this programme and therefore as with any company, they must have a return to keep it viable not only for themselves but also the customers.

The good thing about XP and P3D is if you don’t have the money to buy that years upgrade, you can stick with what you’ve got. Interesting times. 😁
Agree and many people would probably still use FSX,P3d and X-Plane 11 due to being able to fly their favourite aircraft that cannot be ported over to MS 2020, I personally hope that what-ever happens over the next few years that other flight sim platforms can keep going and not crash out of the market due to competition.

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Latest update. Most of this looks simply stunning. My worry is that many talented freeware developers won’t be able to build for this, which in turn means many older aircraft will be forgotten. However, it does look incredibly good.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Wow Ben, that trailer was stunning. :thumbsup:

My worry is that many talented freeware developers won’t be able to build for this, which in turn means many older aircraft will be forgotten. However, it does look incredibly good.
I agree with your sentiments regarding your comments written above, I much prefer flying old aircraft rather than the new ones with modern FMS and glass cockpits. That really takes the enjoyment out of flying altogether for me.

Regards
Nigel.