I Feel an Absolute Prat!!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

I Feel an Absolute Prat!!

Post by Nigel H-J »

Went out for the day with Babs, had lunch at a garden centre then went to the coast, got out of the car and changed from my light jacket to a winter one that I had and then came home only to find that my glasses and mobile phone were missing.

Babs thought I had probably, when changing jackets, put them on the rood of the car and got distracted. On arriving home there were no phone calls (from my phone) so who-ever found it must have decided to keep it.

Fortunately I do not do on-line banking and the only important app is one of my e-mails which I use only occasionally and never when making purchases so went to my gmail account and went to look for my phone location, nowt, nothing.......so rang it from my gmail account again . nothing so put the whole thing to sleep, when they go on-line to try my e-mail address my phone will lock-up and all entries will be deleted (just phone numbers) and my e-mail account? I closed it. Will open another second account some-day soon.

Cannot be too careful when it comes to security even though I never have anything important on my phone I just hope that my actions will ruin their day oh, I forgot, will ring Tesco's tomorrow and inform them to cancel my mobile phone number.

Just really really annoying that who-ever found it does not have the decency to ring the Home number or even try to contact me by saying they have found my phone. Probably though that their Christmas had come early along with a bank balance!! :rant:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: I Feel an Absolute Prat!!

Post by Airspeed »

Sorry to hear that, Nigel. :(
I did a similar thing with my wallet 50 years ago. A man found it, looked up my phone number from the name & address on my licence, and I was re-united. One of those "good old days" incidents. :)

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

I did it in Windermere a few months ago, as soon as I noticed it Lorraine (my wife) called my phone, and the shop where I left it answered it and I was reunited after less than an hour :)
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just an update, phoned customer services as using Tesco Mobile pay as you go, told them what happened and they have blocked my phone completely. Even if the finder tries to unblock it it will remain blocked, if they use another sim card the phone will still remain blocked. The phone is now completely useless, it will never work again.

Regards
Nigel.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Nigel H-J wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 13:18
.......... The phone is now completely useless, it will never work again.

Regards
Nigel.
Oh, look, Nigel, it's behind the driver's seat. :doh: :doh:

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

This happened to us a few years past in Stirling. Been out with other half to collect the families fish suppers. After a fine fayre of really good F&S it was realised that one of our credit cards was missing.

Must have been loose in the purse and maybe fallen out by the chippy. So a fruitless night of searches began to no avail. Rang the card people who were very helpful and cancelled the card. Over the next few days got a new card - but only after paying off the old debt which, thankfully, was not a lot. :dunno:

Six months later and one summer's day we decided to really de-gunge the car. There, under the carpet, between the seat and the sill was our long lost card. All that hassle..... Suffice to say that cards are never carried loose in one's purse! :lol:

ATB

Allan

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Oh, look, Nigel, it's behind the driver's seat. :doh: :doh:

Now that would have been a pain in the *rse as just bought another one and guess what...........Babs is taking over the security of it. :lol: :lol:

Six months later and one summer's day we decided to really de-gunge the car. There, under the carpet, between the seat and the sill was our long lost card. All that hassle..... Suffice to say that cards are never carried loose in one's purse! :lol:
Bet that was an unexpected surprise :lol: At least you now know that nobody other than yourselves had it.

Regards
Nigel.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

If it was an Android handset, you can track its location via 'Google Find My Device'.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Chris, it was an android phone and tried to locate it from my e-mail account with Google but the blasted thing was switched off, so I took further action by blocking it completely as did Tesco's. Got another phone, same make but slightly larger with a few more options on it.

Going to buy another cheap mobile phone to have some fun with it.......................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSohhheYSSw

Regards
Nigel.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

I had a situation two years ago where somehow someone had managed to get my card details and order about 70 quids worth of probably the least likely thing I'd ever buy, body building supplements! Eventually the money was returned to me, but the whole process took months and the bank were absolutely awful, terrible customer service. In hindsight I'd have let the £70 go in lieu of the stress the whole affair caused me... 8)