Rebuilding my PC

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Re: Rebuilding my PC

Post by chrispbits »

Thanks Chris. It certainly seems pretty good but I haven't had a chance to use in anger just yet. Still moving X-Plane files around and then relocating X-Plane to the SSD.

With my previous motherboard I lost two SATA ports when the M2 drive was inserted, which was bearable but a bit restrictive. With this one I have all 6 SATA ports and the M2 drive. The case is excellent - plenty of room for hard drives and lots of cooling options. It's a bit of a Plain-Jane but I didn't buy it for it's looks.

I'll give a rundown on general performance when I get a chance to see what it can do.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I've just installed a RTX 2070 super graphics card. What a difference from the GTX970 !!! Really struggling to get decent performance around heavily built up areas Just about given up on London. Would have done it earlier but just unsure if it would give P3dv4 the improvement I needed . Able to push the sliders over to the right, and no stutters so far
Dale
Image Image Image

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Okay, I've get P3D and X-Plane reinstalled and had a quick play with both. For P3D I was in France using France VFR scenery, which is always a bit of a resource hog. Performance was good to excellent - substantial improvement over the previous hardware. The degree of improvement was a little unexpected in that raw processor speed hadn't increased that much and the video card was the same.

Performance in X-Plane with ORBX Washington and Oregon TE scenery was excellent throughout whether in the city (Seattle) or mountains.

All in all I'm a very happy bunny. Now for a bit of World of Warships (just to blow stuff up)!