Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Gaining and maintaining Type ratings

Post by blanston12 »

Vc Ten wrote:
13 Nov 2019, 10:27
Can I have a tr. for the Lockheed L188 Electra please
Dale
Done, I have been moving a few L-188's to Kemble for storage. I am not sure how the routes for it were setup but they seem a bit chaotic to me. It looks like Coventry was intended to be the main base but it's a bit remote to be a good cargo base. I added a bunch of routes to Stansted to so you can get to all the destinations that Coventry has and was planning on leaving two planes there with the rest going to into storage at Kemble.

If anyone knows the history of our L188 routes I would love to know how they came about.
Last edited by blanston12 on 14 Nov 2019, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Joe,

I cant remember for sure, but I'm guessing they were Channel Express routes on the Electra's. Coventry was their base.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Coventry was definitely their base, Atlantic Cargo airline IIRC.

Coventry is considered to be the middle of England (geographically) (coincidentally Blackpool is kind of the middle of Britain)
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

adysmith wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 07:54
Coventry was definitely their base, Atlantic Cargo airline IIRC.

Coventry is considered to be the middle of England (geographically) (coincidentally Blackpool is kind of the middle of Britain)
Meriden a village just to the north of Coventry is considered the centre of England. Yet Birmingham Airport is nearer.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Atlantic! Yes. Wires completely crossed. And Emerald (GEM) were at Blackpool if memory serves.

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Thanks Joe. I saw the Tr's fly out of Coventry. I've transferred an aircraft in readiness. I never knew our fleet were freighter. They will do well shifting packages. I may copy some of the 748f routes over as well
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

When I moved the last 188 from Coventry I added some tr routes to stansed but maybe Birmingham would be a better base, if there is no objection I will shift the Coventry operations to Birmingham and add enough connecting routes so you can easily get to the different parts of the network. Compared to Coventry Birmingham has a much bigger population base so there will be a lot more packages to move.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Nice one :thumbsup:
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just a thought Joe, but East Midlands would be a better freight base as there’s virtually nothing in Birmingham freight wise in the real world. Appreciate it may not suit our routes in the VA though. Just a thought.

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

In fairness there is little difference in the no. of VA packages at both EGBB and EGNX. (1600 at Birmingham and 1700 East Midlands). Whether there are packages to where the VA routes go is a different matter. I don't know the criteria that Joe F used for packages appearing at the various airports or how, and how often they get replenished. Doing the few routes for the 748F I tried to ensure there were back loads so you didn't have to just fly back with default cargo
Maybe we are looking at this too deeply :worried:
Dale
Image Image Image