It was just a thought Dale. I’m not precious about it :agree: :agree: :agree:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Gaining and maintaining Type ratings

Post by blanston12 »

I was looking on the FSA forum, it seams the number of packages is some how tied to the number of arrivals at the airport and we have not had any arrivals at Coventry since last January.

I would have no trouble if we declare Nottingham the L188 main base. But the routes are a bit disjointed. The airports with the most routes were Coventry, Nottingham(East Midlands) and Liverpool, but Nottingham is not connected to the other two even though less than 30 nm away. We do have L-188 routes into Birmingham but only to Belfast and Cologne, not to any of the hubs. Bristol only connects to Edinburgh, there are a few more examples like that. Would it make sense to combine the Coventry and East Midlands operations into a single base at East Midlands?

I was just looking at the base for the Belfast's and which is Cambridge which has not had an arrival since July and has no packages to be picked up.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

That would make sense from a real world point of view, but whatever works best for the VA. Thanks Joe. 👍

ImageImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

There's currently nobody type rated on the Belfast, I flew all the routes over a year ago but the flight model was horrible so I let that one lapse.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Yep, it’s a pig. I was keen to try and do something with it, but that was years ago and I don’t have the time these days. Might be worth parking them all as I don’t think there’s a current model?

ImageImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

adysmith wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 09:20
There's currently nobody type rated on the Belfast, I flew all the routes over a year ago but the flight model was horrible so I let that one lapse.
Well, I have a rating for it, few it a few times over the summer using the Virtavia freeware model that was released two years ago, the flight model did not seam to bad to me but I don't know what it should be. Its the only British plane we have that can carry 20,000 kg packages.
Joe Cusick,

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Main problem I had with that aircraft is that you have no visible throttles, nor any visible power gauges to tell you how much power you have on, can't even remember if it had autothrottle.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Ok I did some re-organization of the L-188 routes. Nottingham/EGNX is now the official base for all Electra operations. This is what I did:

All Coventry routes have been shifted to Nottingham (unless they were duplicate in which case they were deleted).
I removed most of the extra routes that I added to Stansted, the training routes I added there I will remove when Dale is finished with is TR.
I added some connecting routes between EGNX and EGBB, EGFF, EGGW and EGJJ so the routes are not as disconnected.
Joe Cusick,

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Brilliant Joe, great result

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Well 4 training flights completed. I hope the trouble Joe's gone to won't be in vain :lol:
Not sure if its going to come out of the hangar that often, at this point. I'm using the KBT model as it seems to be the only one with a vc. The aircraft flies ok, but the vc leaves a lot to be desired. Daft things like having to go into the 2d to start the engines. Tried a couple of "upgraded" panels, but found them even less functional :dunno:
To fly the TRs I used the P3 Orion model , which FSA still recognized as an Electra. It comes with a slightly better vc, in so much as all the main bits work, but it's still a bit simplistic. So, we'll have to see *-)
What model are you using Joe?
Dale
Image Image Image