Did anyone ever buy the Aeroplane Heaven Lancaster ?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Did anyone ever buy the Aeroplane Heaven Lancaster ?

Post by Paul K »

I'm not looking for an in-depth review because I have no intention of buying it, but I'm curious as to whether anyone here bought it. A much-loved aircraft ( the real one, not the model ), classically British in every way, and yet I don't think I've seen a single screenshot of the AH model here on this forum. In fact, I can't remember seeing a user's screenshot on any of the forums I browse. Very odd.

Anyone got it ?

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Re: Did anyone ever buy the Aeroplane Heaven Lancaster ?

Post by WarHorse47 »

I do...

..quite immersive. :thumbsup:

--WH

Slipstream1
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Slipstream1 »

Yes I did, principally because my father flew one. Unfortunately, I still can't run it the way I'd like. My preference with FSX is to run 3 monitors & Justflight aircraft will not run without stutters, screen tearing & abominable framerates. My system is windows 10 with Intel i8 3gb Gtx 1060 3gb & 8gb of ram.
I've solved screen tearing & stutters with Lancaster but still have framerates dropping to 5.
I don't have these problems with any other payware or freeware, only Justflight. I have their VC10 & that's even worse !

My next stage is apply Steves DX fixer & run it in DX10 preview as that seems to solve framerate issue.I also had an issue with aircraft bursting into flame when switching on navlights & Justflights only solution was to reinstall which I did to no avail.

IF I can ever get it to run properly, it has great potential with many good features & the model flies as one expects of a Lancaster.

Perhaps that may explain the lack of posts on the subject.
PS. I can run it sufficiently to provide fancy still screenshots but an enjoyable flying experience.. ATM not !
PPS. I forgot to mention that this is my 1st post on the forum so greetings everybody & a happy New Year.
PAUL F.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Welcome, Slipsream :hello:

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I have it and enjoyed flying it at the time but I have not even started FSX in almost 2 years as I had a control failure (throttle unit with a major short circuit) that crashed the computer which in turn fried the master boot record of my main C: drive! I haven't bought a replacement throttle as I was waiting for the Honeycomb unit to come out but that is taking forever and I could have bought and worn out a replacement by now!

Bottom line I liked the aircraft, but, I did have to adjust one of the texture files as I found the reflection of the pilot's headrest to be too strong in the windshield. It was a big, glowing circle, that was distracting at all viewing angles (I used a head tracking device).
Larry

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

I had the First Class Simulations one.. it was ..ok I suppose.

Paul

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

I have the FCS Lanc as well. If you want to just get up and fly, then that's the ticket.

If you want more realistic startup and systems, then go with the AH Lanc. It took me many tries to get the cold & dark startup system just right. Bomb loadout is a neat feature as well.

--WH

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

WH:- Great pictures. The external model looks to be an improvement on the FCS model, so AH are to be applauded for that. :thumbsup:
Slipstream1 wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 03:31
PPS. I forgot to mention that this is my 1st post on the forum so greetings everybody & a happy New Year.
Welcome, and Happy New Year to you too. :party: :)

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I've got it. It's extremely well detailed. Too detailed in fact, as there are numerous parts modelled that simply cannot be seen and are just wasted! Very inefficient modelling. :|
The canopy is the wrong shape too, which once you notice it, you can't un-see it.
It seems to be typical Aeroplane Heaven, in that it's basically a good model, let down by some silly inaccuracies, which left me feeling :wall:
It's now in the back of the virtual hanger gathering dust.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

The canopy shape was a problem on the FCS model too - at least so it appeared from screenshots. I wonder why it causes difficulty ? Ed Walters at Plane Design got it perfect.