A Must Have...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

A Must Have...

Post by Nigel H-J »

Click on pictures for better viewing.

At Barton Manchester for a quick flight test.

Wonderful cockpit and no gps!! :lol:

Flying scarf flapping around just behind me.

Wing mounted ASI

Final Approach though slightly below 60kts

Just before touchdown

This is definitely a must have for X-Plane 11 chaps totally free to have though comes without a pilot but very easy to install one as instructions are given in one of the links below.

When I first flew this I could not for the life of me get it to even taxi (as aircraft does not have brakes) after a bit of trying I found that if you press the keyboard 'B' then you are good to go.

Handles like a dream, developed by Aeroworx they do use Ant's freeware airplane's textures with his permission but they certainly have done a very good job on the aerodynamics, loops beautifully with no vices and cruises around at 80mph quite happily. Going to add a bit more realism when I next fly it by switching on the desk fan!! 8)

You can get it here: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... iger-moth/

For instructions on where and how to install given here, scroll down to the 6th post.
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... b=comments

One further thing that may help you is that when inputting the numbers There are three entries make sure that the last one is minus as I missed the minus character when first doing it and also make sure that before saving you also make sure that you have selected WW1 Pilot.Obj by clicking on the box next to where my entry is at the bottom in the screenshot. Any problems let me know and I will try and help.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A Must Have...

Post by FlyTexas »

Very nice! :)

Brian

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Nigel,
Nice one. :)
Oooh! :$ your slip is showing :$ (side slip, that is)

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Took it up for a quick spin ;) yesterday from Compton Abbas....fab :excited: Must check out how to add a pilot!!....look forward to a few repaints :)

Thank's to Aeroworx and Ant :thumbsup:
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Oooh! :$ your slip is showing :$ (side slip, that is)
Yep, it was certainly bad flying on my part but I do have an excuse...ahem.....cough :worried: ......... due to having the Honeycombe Yoke have to put the keyboard to my left and whilst looking for the keys to press to take pictures I must have taken my feet off the rudder pedals I have, it is the torque of the prop that puts the slip on and have to keep flying with a bit of right rudder to keep it centred.

Flew in a Tiger Moth from RAF Cranwell Flying Club back in the seventies with one of our gliding club members, remember it was a really cold day coupled with a cloud base of around 1400ft so just spent the hour flying around the Cranwell area and can tell you I was bl**dy frozen when we landed, but really enjoyed the experience of open cockpit flying and with this model cannot wait until I get VR.

Regards
Nigel.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just been reading through the comments page of this aircraft and read a post from Johan Van Wyke one of the developers, his post is 23rd down on the
1st Comments Page and well worth reading. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... b=comments

Briefly there will be major updates coming on the Tiger Moth after they have spoken to owners of Tiger Moths and also given the opportunity to fly in them so keep your eyes peeled in the near future.

Regards
Nigel.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Goodness knows what we'd see if I did a screen shot of one of my panels, Nigel! :lol:

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Nice pictures Nigel :thumbsup:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Goodness knows what we'd see if I did a screen shot of one of my panels, Nigel! :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Just found out from reading the comments page again the datarefs were mixed up, in other words the turn and slip indicators are the wrong way round so that now explains my shoddy flying! :lol: It wus not me but............ the author who has said this will be rectified on the next update.

Regards
Nigel.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Nigel , nice one you are a proper Nigel , 'cos final app speed of CA based Tigers is 50 kts . You've added 5 kts for wife and kids or turbulence , so perfectly nailed at 55 kts . As your rpm is idle , so in absence of flaps a sideslip is perfect again to steepen approach angle !
Your cruising looks about the correct RPM , 1850 . Must be highly polished to get 72kts cruise , 70 is good. With slip ball out as you watch the world go by , you'll be hit in the face by a wet kipper of air flow . That feeling connects instantly to your feet to correct pronto .
Silversim , did you get airborne B4 the bumps ? Or did they catapult you upwards just B4 flying speed is reached ? After 12 yrs of CA being home port think I've hit every one.
Nigel if you want quick reference notes for G-ANKZ [ the yellow one Toby caught last summer ] let me know , and I'll scan and email 'em .

rgds dave f.