A Must Have...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A Must Have...

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dave, very many thanks for the assessment, if that is the right word to use, I had some very good instructors when flying and they always told me to give that bit extra for the wife and kids but I was'nt married then!! :lol:

The author of this aircraft ha stated in one of his posts that the air speed should be 65-70 kts at 1950 RPM. Again, this will be righted once they have actually spoken to owners and flown the Tiger Moth in order to perfect the model.

Re: the reference notes I would be very grateful, will pm you with my e-mail address.

Kind regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I hadn't seen this thread until 5 mins ago but great minds...

A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I hadn't seen this thread until 5 mins ago but great minds...
:lol: :lol:

Hi Chris, great isn't it!! :thumbsup:

Lovely screen shot as well.

Regards
Nigel.

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

dfarrow wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 20:30
Nigel , nice one you are a proper Nigel , 'cos final app speed of CA based Tigers is 50 kts . You've added 5 kts for wife and kids or turbulence , so perfectly nailed at 55 kts . As your rpm is idle , so in absence of flaps a sideslip is perfect again to steepen approach angle !
Your cruising looks about the correct RPM , 1850 . Must be highly polished to get 72kts cruise , 70 is good. With slip ball out as you watch the world go by , you'll be hit in the face by a wet kipper of air flow . That feeling connects instantly to your feet to correct pronto .
Silversim , did you get airborne B4 the bumps ? Or did they catapult you upwards just B4 flying speed is reached ? After 12 yrs of CA being home port think I've hit every one.
Nigel if you want quick reference notes for G-ANKZ [ the yellow one Toby caught last summer ] let me know , and I'll scan and email 'em .

rgds dave f.
Funny you should ask dave f ;) ....I won't post my landing at Fairoaks yesterday afternoon..... :$
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Funny you should ask dave f ;) ....I won't post my landing at Fairoaks yesterday afternoon..... :$
Oh come on, don't be shy, POST IT!! :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Nigel H-J wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 16:44
Oh come on, don't be shy, POST IT!! :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
Sorry to disappoint Nigel, it went straight in the bin(together with a "bent" prop) :wasntme:

Regards
Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

G , nothing a big hammer won't sort out ...

dave f.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

A quick ( I say quick :lol: ) flight from Old Warden to Panshangar at 2000ft yesterday, lead to me falling asleep en route :rofl:

Luckily it took care of itself before I came to again and landed safely.

A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

It's a very interesting aeroplane and takes off, cruises and lands very nicely. However, I have come across one oddity : although it will enter a spin very authentically, it seems to be impossible to recover - even though the nose stays pitched down, the airspeed disappears completely , rudder will not stop the rotation, nor will full forward stick alter matters . In fact, it behaves rather like the real world Chipmunk did until they added the strakes

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

A quick ( I say quick :lol: ) flight from Old Warden to Panshangar at 2000ft yesterday, lead to me falling asleep en route :rofl:
Gawd almighty Chris, not only did you fall asleep but also fell out of it!!!!! :rofl:

I have come across one oddity : although it will enter a spin very authentically, it seems to be impossible to recover - even though the nose stays pitched down, the airspeed disappears completely , rudder will not stop the rotation, nor will full forward stick alter matters . In fact, it behaves rather like the real world Chipmunk did until they added the strakes
Not spun it but will have a go and see what happens, the author does have quite a bit of updating to do on this a/c , giving a quote from the authors' post is the following:
I just want to remind all users that this aircraft is a very early public beta which we, because of pressure from the community, released way to soon to our liking.
Had another look on the downloads page and there is another update, one adds a pilot instead of having to do it yourself and the other is..I'm not sure actually!! :dunno:

Maybe something to do with the pilot? Just downloaded it so deleted the pilot I put in to see.

Update here:https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... -awx-dh82/

Regards
Nigel.