More MFFS...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

More MFFS...

Post by petermcleland »

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Re: More MFFS...

Post by cstorey »

Peter : how splendid to see you back on here . Happy New Year, and I hope all goes well with you

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks Chris...Happy New Year to you and everyone else here!

I'm busy waiting for this new flight sim and also waiting for its best computer specs...Then I can get on with having a new one built to suit the new greatest Flight Sim.

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Hello Peter. Very nice to hear from you again.

Happy New Year.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hello Peter, it is great to have you back, been wondering where you had gone.

Yes, MS 2020 looks very very good indeed, a big step up from the days of FS, but think as far as aircraft go there will only be the ones' that MS put into the sim and payware aircraft for the time being but really hope that free-ware developers are able to muscle in on the act in the not too distant future after the release.

MS are being very shy about giving out the full specifications and guess that is purely down to how the beta testing pans out on various machines but think they are very much aware of potential users only having mid-range computers and have to ensure that they will be able to run the sim even at lower settings.

Certainly the future looks bright but I have always, when a new simulation appears, feel a bit cautious....Look what happened to FSX when it was first rolled out until Acceleration came. Not to say that with new and modern technology there will ever be a repeat of that but so much hype is surrounding MS2020 that I fear when released and depending on users computers there may/could be some disappointed flight simmers who had relied too much on the preview videos without taking into account of lower settings to run it.

Hope I am wrong as this new simulator is certainly going to be a big wake-up call to other platforms in order to compete.

BTW, Hope you had a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Good to see you Peter!

WRT the specs, it’s worth remembering that this will run on an XBox One, the specs of which are roughly equivalent to a medium spec PC by today’s standards. Also remember that there’s a significantly sized public beta on the go. and although you have to agree to an NDA to participate in it, if there were any catastrophic spec requirements, rumours would be circulating by now. Nothing we’ve seen is any more stressful on a medium spec PC than the current high end 4K games, which typically have much faster gameplay than a leisurely flight in FS20.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Lovely to see you again, Peter! :)
What they said above, ie will my machine handle it, and do I want to pay each month?
You'd have to offset that fee against all the payware scenery that we shell out for, and tbh even the better add ons rarely look as real as this appears to be.
I note that all the promo shows distant objects. I wonder what houses will look like at 500ft? Will they flatten like photoreal?

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I am led to understand that all scenery is streamed from a satellite and so your megs/sec on your broadband needs to be good. The whole world is on one satellite and from what I see, the scenery does not flatten, it is 3D. I also believe that FSX aircraft can be fitted in reasonably easily but not sure if they will get all the lighting effects. All the trees on earth are there but I can’t remember how many billion trees that is. Your own house should be there and all navigation can be VFR. I can see road traffic in that video when it gets low enough and I don’t think it is visible till you are low enough.

I will wait until the computer specs required are published then I will have one built to the top end specs. I hate Windows 10 but I suppose I will have to put up with it!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

https://youtu.be/PCj1JUasIA8

This shows the list of 13 aircraft in MSFS 2020.

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

I'm only in if it supports VR.
PrePar3D in VR is mindblowing.