BA Pilots to fly in the RAF?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

BA Pilots to fly in the RAF?

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just picked this up from PPrune.

At least the RAF would save millions in training and only have to send them onto an OCU course.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... t-11986803

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Re: BA Pilots to fly in the RAF?

Post by Buggyman »

Could be that the RAF won't have so many aircraft and therefore pilots vacancies when the inevitable cuts hit post CORVID-19. Every government department is going to be short of funds and the first to get hit are the 3 services. Be just like old times....

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

I've lived through a cancellation or two & a few Moratoriums........this one though will be a biggie & for longer methinks.
Train to fly gliders anyone?
Keith

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

I remember a certain RAF pilot being trained by Thomas Cook airlines to fly the new aircraft.

Time to repay the favour?

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Moratoriums? Worked in MoD supply management and it was a nightmare trying to balance the books. At that time industry was producing faster than anticipated due to shrinking overseas orders and so we had to find ways of paying for kit originally due delivery a couple of years hence. I think we spent more time and man hours trying to make cuts than the actual value of the cuts themselves :lol:

And then some inconsiderate people invaded the Falkland Isles - all bets off, spend, spend, get the kit no matter what... I loved that job :doh:

ATB

Allan

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Buggyman wrote:
23 May 2020, 12:14
Moratoriums? Worked in MoD supply management and it was a nightmare trying to balance the books. At that time industry was producing faster than anticipated due to shrinking overseas orders and so we had to find ways of paying for kit originally due delivery a couple of years hence. I think we spent more time and man hours trying to make cuts than the actual value of the cuts themselves :lol:

And then some inconsiderate people invaded the Falkland Isles - all bets off, spend, spend, get the kit no matter what... I loved that job :doh:

ATB

Allan
Then there were the 'spend it quick before next years allocation' times just before 5th April because the department had under spent, otherwise next years allocation would be cut.....
Keith