Maps

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Maps

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Joe,

It’s not my area of expertise, but I’m going to have a look at replacing the google maps which no longer work with something like open street map. Have you guys had any thoughts / experience of looking at this with FSA?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Maps

Post by Molyned »

Have you tried 'Bing.com' maps - the default one has Street, Aerial, and Ordnance Survey accessible from a small click-on square.
I'm probably being a bit thick - so don't know how FSA reacts with maps. :$
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave,

It’s the maps api which can be called. It plots the location of airports, aircraft, routes etc by calling google or bing or here or open etc. Google used to be free, but it’s now a small fortune. I’m not sure if Bing is free, (Bing uses Here Maps WeGo.here.com and is just rebadge for Microsoft.) open maps is used by Flightradar24 and others and is free.

ImageImageImage

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Ah -now I understand :doh: . For plotting routes to make a flightplan for our multiplayer sessions, I use Plan-G . That gives the total flight distance, distance to next airport, heading, flight time etc in real time whilst flying the route.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave, no it’s on our website on the VA section. There’s a google map that shows where you’re flying etc, but they don’t support it anymore and it’s broken.

ImageImageImage