Hs U(Plural)

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Hs U(Plural)

Post by Tomliner »

UK Channel 5 tonight, tomorrow, thursday 21.00 BST ‘Battle of Britain 3 Days’ new prog with Dan Snow and Kate Humble.

UK Freeview Channel 91 PBS America at 21.50 BST on Wednesday ‘Plane Resurrection’ the first of 6 progs.First one featuring restoration of Douglas A1 Skyraider. Percival Mew Gull same time Thursday. Unknown subject Friday All 21.50 BST

PLUS!!! Also Channel 91 Friday 20.35 BST ‘Battle of Britain The Real Story’ with the military author James Holland.
Phew. Bit long winded but at least I won’t be complaining that there’s nothing on tv this week! :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Re: Hs U(Plural)

Post by chrispbits »

You might not Eric but my wife will. :lol:

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Thank you Eric :thumbsup:

A couple more for my recorder for later watching.

Lucky for us, now the boys are gone we have 2 decent size TVs and PVRs so, its one for him and one for...

Allan

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Tried to watch it, but found it very boring. There's nothing humble about Kate, and Mr Snow leaves me cold.

:S

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Tried to watch it, but found it very boring. There's nothing humble about Kate, and Mr Snow leaves me cold.
I agree it was a bit boring and somewhat predictable but that may be partly due to being rather familiar with the facts.
I’ll definitely watch/record the aircraft restoration progs and the B0B prog with James Holland on Friday who I think is an excellent and knowledgable miltary author.
But I thought it worth posting the HUs so folk can decide for themselves. :) EricT

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Just watched the PBS programme on the Percival Mew Gull. It was shown at an earlier time today as well as this eve.
Thorougly enjoyed it .Much of it was shot at at Old Warden airfield (my favourite). Good to see inside the cockpit where all the old gauges were instantly recognisable to this vintage flight simmer. ;)
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

I keep missing the early bits.......I still have a question about 'EKL being faster than 'EXF on the same engine & prop.
I sat in 'EXf when she arrived at Blackbushe being pushed into Doug Bianchis hangar all those years ago......
Keith

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

And here is the aircraft outside at Old Warden for an airshow.
and as for the two reprobates - well, one is Dev One and one is Molyned.(2015)
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Currently being reshown on PBS+1 on freeview.

One reason for it being less wrinkly than Moly could be that it has been re-built more times than Trigger's broom.

Might suggest some rebuilding of Moly the Poly to Mrs M................... :hide:

Chers,
Allan

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

A reminder that the series continues this week Monday to Friday on PBS America UK freeview ch91 same times. Includes Lysander, clipped wing Spitfire and Caribou. :) EricT