MSFS SDK

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: MSFS SDK

Post by TSR2 »

Hi George,

I'm not sure how much the project needs to be defined first before you get to that point. I've been following this guide...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QvA ... 2zgqus4h59
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

SkippyBing wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 16:06

Working on making the Sea Fury native, took me a while to figure out the animations...
Any hint on getting the anims to work. Do you just need to name the parts to match the info in the behaviour xml, or is there more to it than that?
Dave G.

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

TSR2 wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 13:02
Hi George,

I'm not sure how much the project needs to be defined first before you get to that point. I've been following this guide...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QvA ... 2zgqus4h59
Hmm, I have got as far as trying to add a runway (in the Objects window) but when I click "Add" it doesn't appear in the Scenery Editor window :worried:

I give up.
George

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

DaveG wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 14:40
SkippyBing wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 16:06

Working on making the Sea Fury native, took me a while to figure out the animations...
Any hint on getting the anims to work. Do you just need to name the parts to match the info in the behaviour xml, or is there more to it than that?
It's not quite that simple, you still need to tag them a la FSX, I think there's a Blender plug-in to do it at FSDeveloper and the one for 3DS is included in the SDK. However rather than being given a list of the available tags you enter them yourself along with the start and end keyframes. The tag then has to match up with the entry in the XML file in the model folder, which is basically the ModelDef.xml but just for that aircraft.
The plus is you don't have to recompile the model if you just want to alter the animation code.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Thanks Skippy. My version of Max is too old for plugin unfortunately, so I'm having to go the Blender route.
I've got the Blender plugin but it's still a work in progress. I didn't see any way to tag animations but I may have missed it.
Dave G.

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

DaveG wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 19:06
Thanks Skippy. My version of Max is too old for plugin unfortunately, so I'm having to go the Blender route.
I've got the Blender plugin but it's still a work in progress. I didn't see any way to tag animations but I may have missed it.
I think the animations are still on the to-do list as far as I can tell, the lights likewise.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Looking through the info on FSDeveloper I think the animations are supposed to be working, but it's a bit vague. I'll have to experiment a bit more tomorrow.

Will you be converting any of your models over Rob?
Dave G.

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

DaveG wrote:
23 Aug 2020, 20:42
Looking through the info on FSDeveloper I think the animations are supposed to be working, but it's a bit vague. I'll have to experiment a bit more tomorrow.

Will you be converting any of your models over Rob?
I have the Barracuda and the Sport Cruiser working Dave, but not perfectly.
Just P3D port overs.
I'm a million miles away from understanding the whole box of tricks!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

My blender to MSFS exporter seems to have stopped working.

Dave, could you try exporting the attached file and see if you get the 3 files out the other end... bin, gltf and xml? I’m not sure if it’s the exporter or something I’ve done to the model, but I tried starting from scratch with the imported obj file, and it’s not working, even though it was fine yesterday.

*-)
https://xr219.cbfsim.org/MSFS-DEV/egvw-kine.zip
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Hi Ben,

seems to work OK for me. :dunno: I just left the exporter settings at default & got the bin, gltf, and textures exported. Tried again with the generate xml option ticked and got that too.
Are you getting any errors, or does it just do nothing?
Dave G.