Bye Bye Team Williams.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Bye Bye Team Williams.

Post by Nigel H-J »

As we should all by now know Franks Williams Team has been sold to Dorilton Capital. The team have been having a rough time of things in F1 and were struggling to win races so now, unfortunately following other teams such as Lotus and Surtees as well as Jordon it is all over with the iconic Williams Team as we know it.

Found this to be a very moving four and a half minute video.

The Story of Frank Williams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_p4sDt1J6g

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Bye Bye Team Williams.

Post by TSR2 »

The team are very much alive and well, but Frank and Claire are no longer involved.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Very sad. Saw a really good documentary about Williams a year or so ago. Can't remember which channel it was.

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

TSR2 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 21:36
The team are very much alive and well, but Frank and Claire are no longer involved.
Yes, the Williams name is alive and well at the moment, Ben but I wonder how long for if another eponymous team's experience is anything to go by.

When Eddie Jordan sold his Jordan team in 2005, it kept the name for just one more season and then - as best as I can remember - became MF1 Racing followed by Spyker, Force India and Racing Point with a further name change due next year to Aston Martin. I just can't help feeling that it won't be long before the Williams name disappears and follows the family involvement into F1 history.

Pete

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Ah yes, I suspect you're right Pete. I expect it to be rebranded Something Williams Racing next year to be honest. That's where the money will come from. I do enjoy it, but like some many other things, the more "professional" these things become, the more sterile they become as money is what drives success and the success is rewarded by money, and that, ultimately is what the people bankrolling the sport want.

It was nice to see a proper racetrack again at the weekend though, not many left.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

TSR2 wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 12:10
It was nice to see a proper racetrack again at the weekend though...
Yes, it was, indeed.
Pete