Video: American Freestyle Bullfighting

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Video: American Freestyle Bullfighting

Post by FlyTexas »

Being the guy in the barrel might be fun. :lol: Sorry for the annoying music.
https://youtu.be/kb-rNRdAtqE

Brian

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Video: American Freestyle Bullfighting

Post by Nigel H-J »

:-O Now that appears to be a more entertaining sport than the bleedin' bullfighters of Spain!! :lol:

Found it hilarious as that bull went a*se over t*t and still it did not learn anything by it, nearly did it again but for the horns!!

If that happened here, then Health and Safety would demand that the horns be plugged with cork bottle stops to prevent injury!!! :doh: :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

They still use the cruel rope pulled tight over the base of the bull's penis just as they do in rodeo bull riding (and the same for bucking horses too). It's the pain caused by that rope that gets the animals riled up in the first place! If you look closely at the last bull in that video you can see one of the wranglers release the rope right at the end and the bull quietly returns to the pen as soon as the pain goes away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a veggie, vegan or PETA fan (in fact I think most PETA supporters are morons as their interference often causes the animals more suffering) and I eat meat most days but I do not like to see cruelty to animals for the sake of a so called 'sport'!
:rant:
Larry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

They still use the cruel rope pulled tight over the base of the bull's penis just as they do in rodeo bull riding (and the same for bucking horses too). It's the pain caused by that rope that gets the animals riled up in the first place! If you look closely at the last bull in that video you can see one of the wranglers release the rope right at the end and the bull quietly returns to the pen as soon as the pain goes away.

Hi Larry, I was totally unaware of this and did not even notice as my attention was of the rider and bull as a whole rather than what they had done with the rope. I agree totally with your written sentiments, had I known I would not have laughed as much!! :$

Regards
Nigel.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

No problem Nigel but it's worth bearing in mind when you see bucking broncos or bucking bulls at rodeos. The animal is not necessarily trying to get rid of the rider, it is trying to stop the pain from the rope!
Larry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I'm sorry guys, but as someone who's been around Rodeo for many years, I hate to see the continued ignorance being shared. The flank rope is not a "cruel rope". A properly seated strap is snug, but not tight (most people compare the proper tightness to that of a corset or girdle). It is not over the genitals (in fact, it's almost a foot behind them), and it does not cause pain. The stock contractors put many years, and sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars into the health and wellbeing of their bulls. Producing a top tier bucking bull or bronco can bring in several million over its career. Creating pain would reduce that career because eventually, it would cause lasting damage. Also, the siring fees off a top tier bull or bronc make it even more undesirable to do any damage to the genitals that might cause problems with that.

And don't link me to anything from PETA, the most unreliable and joke of an animal "advocacy" group out there. They only advocate for themselves.

Here's several posts about Flank Ropes/Straps -

https://www.calgarystampede.com/blog/20 ... nk-straps/

https://www.liveabout.com/how-to-make-b ... ck-2901590

http://legendsrevealed.com/sports/2009/ ... so-raging/

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

I wasn't going to buy into this at all, but seeing as we've been given links to information, I looked.
In the first one:
The flank strap enhances the bucking action and helps the animal kick outwards and upwards but it doesn’t force the animal to buck if it doesn’t feel like it.
I'm so glad that they are "helping" the animal. :)
I wonder how much padding is hidden under the rope tied round the bulls in the first videos. :dunno:

Regardless of whether the animal is hurt or not, you only need to observe animals for a while to see that they have intelligence, emotions, and curiosity. I have also seen plenty of examples of humour generated by animals; they may not speak human language, but they are not "dumb". Some circuses have stopped using animals in their acts; a good move away from treating them as tools for entertainment.
Humans have some attributes that make some feel superior; they should try running as fast as a horse, jumping as nimbly as a monkey, finding water like any wild animal. I won't attempt a full list. In case you want to see a lamb showing forward thinking and a sense of pure fun, I'll edit this with a link to my video.EDIT:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVY4NIe ... wner-smbtn

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Talking about cruelty to animals' private parts, this one had me in hysterics!! :rofl: :rofl:

Karma at its' best!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kjY9sKdHlY

Regards
Nigel.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Nigel H-J wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 14:06
Talking about cruelty to animals' private parts, this one had me in hysterics!! :rofl: :rofl:

Karma at its' best!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kjY9sKdHlY

Regards
Nigel.
Too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: Poor bear.

Brian