Bitzer project

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Bitzer project

Post by Dev One »

Thanks Mike, I very rarely win anything, so a nice surprise which I shall cherish...... For me the clue was the windscreen.... not a Supermarine, so went searching....
Keith

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

I'm truly glad that Members like their wins. :agree:
Now, seeing as scotsman hasn't been here since 2011, I'm grabbing this as a non-birthday kind of day.
The only things I've removed from this photo is the background and the registration letters.
Quite a nice looking aircraft, but an awful angle for identification. :lol: Nevertheless, I expect someone will nail it inside ten minutes!

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Miles M60 (HPR) Marathon - could be a RAF T11? Cant think of many triple finned kites with four turning....
Keith

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

04.32, indeed! I think insomniacs should be banned from entering this competition. :hide:
Pete

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

You blokes!
First Pete says "I'm not going to win this," gets two in a row PLUS another privately submitted correct answer.
Then Keith tells us that he rarely wins, only to get two in a row himself! And as Pete suggests, at an hour when self-respecting gentlemen are dreaming of (you don't need me to write it).
Here you go, Keith, and very well done! :welldone: I find that warm milk helps with sleeping. ;)

Miles designed the Marathon, got mucked about by conflicting orders from HM Government, and went broke. :(
Handley Page bought the project and the Reading factory. HP called it a few things, as did Keith; like HPR1, HP Reading, the RAF version was indeed T 11, and it was also the Marathon and M60. They did a twin turboprop version as well. I find it a pleasing design, not too clunky, but gracefully solid.
Heaps of photos on the www, and I've already posted the whole shape here, so no more.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Airspeed wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 11:20
:welldone: I find that warm milk helps with sleeping. ;)

For me sleeping can be a problem that I have to blame on a certain Mr Parkinson.....this gives me a back ache that signals a certain trip to bathroom & if the ache goes away I can go back to sleep, if not an hour or two on 'puter can help. ( My pills only seem to last for 3 to 4 hours - even the slow release ones! Anyway thats my excuse. As for the Marathon my uncle was MD of Derby aviation, AKA Derby Airways ......say no more.
Thanks again for the bar to the medal, and flying with two wings is easier than having one!
Keith

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Dev One wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 17:48
For me sleeping can be a problem that I have to blame on a certain Mr Parkinson.....this gives me a back ache that signals a certain trip to bathroom & if the ache goes away I can go back to sleep, if not an hour or two on 'puter can help. ( My pills only seem to last for 3 to 4 hours - even the slow release ones! Anyway thats my excuse. As for the Marathon my uncle was MD of Derby aviation, AKA Derby Airways ......say no more.
Thanks again for the bar to the medal, and flying with two wings is easier than having one!
Keith
Ah, I saw a few photos in the Derby paint. Interesting tie-in.

I seem to remember that you mentioned the P word a while back, you were looking at software to stabilise your mouse IIRC. Sorry I didn't make the connection with your wakefulness.
Coincidentally, I met an old pal in hospital today. He has Parkinsons and inoperable bladder cancer, so is under palliative care. :(
Because he's having trouble sleeping, they said he should go on sleeping tablets, which will see him off for eight hours.
He told them that's a problem because of his regular toilet trips in the night. Next day they delivered plastic bed sheets and a box of adult nappies.
"They really look after you", he said. Always look on the bright side, eh?

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Sorry to hear about your friend, I just hope the nurses keep his pills regular, & that constipation is not a problem - I think that problem is because the gut muscles have lost their power to force transit & one has to really apply force to get it to move the final bit. Nuff of that info...
Keith

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks, Keith.
All we can hope for with these things is that the medics can make life as comfortable as possible, so good luck with yours.
Sorry I'm late with today's challenge, nothing to do with early or late risers; as mentioned above, we had another visit to the big hospital again today. Called in to visit the next two generations on the way home, had a light dinner... blah, blah....

Dug this one out of the library. It's being rebuilt in the photo:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I've spent the afternoon trawling images of miles / Auster / Taylorcraft. I think its an SAI KZ III
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage