Jabbadabbadoo!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Jabbadabbadoo!

Post by 511Flyer »

Had my first Covid vaccine jab at Epsom racecourse this morning. I left my wife sitting in the car, she's only 79 and was not eligible to have one when my appointment was made. I mentioned this to the nurse, and she said that she could have one also. They sent a lady out to fetch her, and brought her straight through to me. She was very surprised, but delighted to have it.

The organisation was superb, the staff from car parking attendants to nurses, were first class. Our wonderful NHS in action. Aren't we lucky?

:welldone:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Jabbadabbadoo!

Post by Nigel H-J »

Our wonderful NHS in action. Aren't we lucky?
Good news indeed, as I read through your post and came to the bit where your wife was 79 and waiting in the car I thought that was a bit bad, but by mentioning it to the nurse she was also vaccinated, pays to ask!! :thumbsup:

I have very mixed thoughts about the NHS though, moreover due to my last heart attacks and spending 15 hours in A&E in a chair on my first attack, no-heart monitor attached and not one nurse/doctor came by to speak to either my wife or myself. The only time this happened was at 08.00hrs when we were told I could go home!! The next day another heart attack this time a lot worse than the first!

Unfortunately there have been other instances with my wife who is chronically sick but not going to make a list, maybe we are just unlucky! :dunno:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Might be just Lincoln Nigel. I have/had family in Lincoln and they didn't have much good to say about your A&E.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

We second 511 flyer's view. Both ( aet 76 ) inoculated today having been called in yesterday, impeccable organisation, absolutely faultless, and only about 4 miles from home, in and out in 20 minutes