MSFS UK Calls in the Decorators

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Re: MSFS UK Calls in the Decorators

Post by chrispbits »

Also around 2 hours in and currently 8.35Gb completed. I'm going to let it carry on - maybe done in around 3 hours.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

All done here, Virgin Media appears to have its uses.

Dave, the Rapide seems to be better on the throttles than it was before? Admittedly its been a while since I was last on MSFS.
Screenshot 2021-02-16 212140.jpg
Screenshot 2021-02-16 212140.jpg (30.99 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
Screenshot 2021-02-16 212017.jpg
Screenshot 2021-02-16 212017.jpg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

wont download for me

uninstalled
reinstalled and still black screen on startup.

done the audio switching and still nothing.

Second time this has happened to me since MSFS was released

Rick

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Haven’t had any problems with any of the updates. Could antivirus be getting in the way Rick?

Flew from Edinburgh down to Newcastle in the Rapide. I’m not sure about the coastline. Areas that are Sandy estuaries have been turned into sea. There are several areas in the sea proper that are just black blobs where the AI hasn’t masked it properly. Coastal elevation is much better and it looks as though there’s better and more accurate variety in tree height. However I’ve yet to see a church and areas along the coast such as Cullercoats and Whitley Bay have housing which is just industrial units. I deliberately haven gone to any of the specific enhanced area yet as I wanted to see if there was much in the way of overall improvement, but it seems not.
The good news may be that the Rapide (and I’ve got an early iteration) seemed to have better engine response and power. If this is something they have fixed, it’s most welcome.

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I won't have chance to download the update until the weekend. :(
Be sure to check the content manager in game as well, there are usually extra updates in there that need downloading.
Dave G.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Half nine last night before all updates installed and Community folder reinstalled
Quick flight Egnr to Barton
Over Chester, looking better. Cathedral is present, but leave's bit to be desired. The new bell tower has a clock and the old tower doesn't exist :lol: But I suppose for procedural generation It's quite good
What I found much improved, were the depicted countryside buildings are now longer factory units. They look like farm buildings. No scenery spikes visible either
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

DaveG wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 08:02
I won't have chance to download the update until the weekend. :(
Be sure to check the content manager in game as well, there are usually extra updates in there that need downloading.
Cheers Dave, that was indeed where the Churches etc where. Installed now and I can see them dotted about the place. I've had a look at a couple of the features that have been added. The Forth bridges and Edinburgh Castle are welcome, but the rail bridge isn't lined up correctly. It looks like one of the models that was in the SketchUp marketplace, but when I looked at it with George back in September, the feet where in the wrong place so we discounted it and used a different one. That said, they look well.
The Tyne Bridge isn't bad either, and St. James' Park is a welcome addition, however the Angel of the North is surround by trees almost as tall as her, and so at first I couldn't see her. I think I'll put the ones that George and I worked on back in though as they have all the bridges and lighthouses etc. There is still an abundance of industrial units in the coastal towns where there should be Victorian terraces. The odd thing is that some of the streets have housing depicted, but the next street has an industrial unit, even though in the real world the two streets are the same. All in all a good update, from what I've seen so far, but still room for improvement.

Had a quick look through the SDK notes and its still riddled with "TODO" much to my disappointment.

ImageImageImage

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

I've just completed my first tour with the new UK update. The DEM improvements are very welcome and despite a lot of people working from home there's a marked reduction in office type buildings in place of farms. Tree placement is still problematic. Asobo (in common with others) seem intent on shoving a tree pretty much anywhere that will take one. There's quite a few tiny islands off Cornwall that have healthy growths where none exist in the real world. All in all though a definite improvement on what we had before but as Ben said still room for improvement.

One significant difference with this update - previously I regularly had CTDs after about 12-15 mins of flying time. Over one hour completed and all was well so hopefully that aspect of the sim has been corrected - possibly only until the next update of course.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Had my first CTD tonight since the update, 2 hours into the flight 8) (faulting module coherentUIGT. dll) Thought I'd cracked the crashes by installing another 16gig of memory. I was generally over 14 gig most of the time previously, and since installing it a few weeks ago, it's been trouble free. Seems a lot smoother also (placebo effect??) I've removed the Xmp overclocking profile and running now on stock dram settings 2666. See what it's like tomorrow.
Dale
Image Image Image