First flight simming in many months.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

First flight simming in many months.

Post by Paul K »

Having recovered some disk space, I re-installed X-Plane,along with all three of Orbx'sTrue Earth UK terrains, and went for a spin in Restauravia's Nord 1101 Ramier. An excellent model, full of idiosyncrasies, and it took some searching of the manual to find out how to turn on the attitude indicator, gyro compass and turn indicator. :lol:

Took off from Old Warden, then headed north east towards the Fens and King's Lynn:

:cheers:

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: First flight simming in many months.

Post by TSR2 »

Very nice Paul, I’ve seen that aircraft (or one like it) at several airshows over the years, although not in those colours. 👍😊
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Ben, after a quick read-up on it, there are a few still flying - they are Noralpha's, a re-engined version of the Ramier. Nice looking plane, I think. :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Great screenshots Paul, bet it feels great to be flying again. :thumbsup:

Are you thinking of going to X Plane 12? Came across this screenshot from Avsim Forum of X-Plane, looking really good.

https://feresignum.com/images/2021/10/R22.png

Bet they are going to look good when swaying in the wind!

BTW where did you get that aircraft?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Hi Nigel - yes, nice to be simming again. In fact, I think it might be the first time I've really done anything this year. I was having problems with my Saitek X-52 freezing up my computer when I unplugged it, and just couldn't be bothered with all the hassle. However, I might have found the solution.

I doubt I'll do X-Plane 12 as it requires Windows 10. Once I get a new computer ( soon, I hope ) I'll be moving on to MSFS anyway.

The Nord 1101 Ramier is available free at http://restauravia.fr/html/x-plane.html. It's a French-language site, but the model comes with an English manual, and you'll need it first time out ! :lol: . There are some other interesting aircraft there, particularly the Morane-Saulnier MS760 jet.

How are you getting on with that Thrustmaster T.16000 ? Got the throttle yet ? :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Paul, unfortunately I will be staying with X Plane due to the fact I have spent a lot of money and even though i did the same for FSX at my age and on a pension I have to watch the pennies!! :lol:

Presently I am leaving the throttle for now as my CH Throttle Quadrant is still working and when Cliffs of Dover is updated to VR in the near future it will be best to keep it as it is for the time being, I tried the slider on the T16000 and that also can double up as the throttle as well or even the elevator trim.

Many thanks for the link will get it shortly.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.