????

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

????

Post by Filonian »

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: ????

Post by Paul K »

But that's only if the month has an R in it.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Well, clearly, they have to keep it simple for us.
I know that I will be driving one, *-) or eating it, *-) or spraying against it, whatever it is :dunno:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

We hear 65,000 new cases per day in England, Germans going to parties to try and catch COVID 8) , and extremists here threatening the physical wellbeing of politicians over lockdown powers.

Prof. Brian Cox was telling us last week that the Sun is going to burn itself out in several billion years, and that the entire Universe will lose its last star in X trillion years, when all will be cold and dark.

The way that humans are going, I can't see that anyone will be around to worry. We've had just a few ten thousands of years to wreck our home. How long before we wipe ourselves out completely :dunno:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

A bit lower than 65000, Mike, but still a lot. Here's the graphs from the government:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details ... %20Kingdom

I had my booster yesterday, and felt very dizzy afterwards. They had to lie me down in a side room for about 30 minutes, where I was cared for by a lovely nurse. " Feeling better now, Mr. K ? " - " No, I think I need another ten minutes ". ;)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

I've been trying to get my head around the number of people infected every day. If there are 45,000 new infections each day then in one year there have been 16.4 million people who have had Covid. That is one quarter of the UK population. On average there are 150 deaths each day that adds up to 55 thousand in one year.
Just had a quick look on the ONS website & looked at Jan 2014, there were 4700 deaths from any cause recorded in one week just for people aged 85+.
Covid is horrible if you get it, but I am surprised at the small number of deaths - those doctors & nurses really are doing great, as well as the people organising & helping the injectors....
Keith

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Paul K wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 13:58
A bit lower than 65000, Mike, but still a lot. Here's the graphs from the government:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details ... %20Kingdom

I had my booster yesterday, and felt very dizzy afterwards. They had to lie me down in a side room for about 30 minutes, where I was cared for by a lovely nurse. " Feeling better now, Mr. K ? " - " No, I think I need another ten minutes ". ;)
I had my booster shot and flu vaccines in the same arm last Saturday. Sadly SWMBO was there too, so any nurses coming near me were warned off.

My left arm was sore on the Sunday, but the ache had worn off by Monday.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

AllanL wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 15:50
I had my booster shot and flu vaccines in the same arm last Saturday. Sadly SWMBO was there too, so any nurses coming near me were warned off.

My left arm was sore on the Sunday, but the ache had worn off by Monday.
Hi Allan - I had the flu jab this last Wednesday in my left arm, and the Covid booster in my right arm yesterday - so now neither arm works properly. :lol:

It was a bit worrying when I went all dizzy, but of course the staff were kindness personified. Glad to hear you're sorted out. I'm feeling a bit rough today but, like you, I'm sure it will wear off in a couple of days. Two weeks to go till both vaccines are up to speed, and then it's the pub for the first time in about 20 months! :guinn:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

There's a very unpopular mother at the local secondary school, attended by our two grandsons.
She held a 17th birthday sleepover party on Saturday.
The younger brother was not invited, and slept over with our youngest grandson.
The mother is anti-vax, and a health care worker. She felt unwell Monday morning, and her employer gave her a rapid COVID test. She's positive. They sent testers to check her two boys after school; both positive :doh:
Our daughter, husband and both boys are now grounded, except for attending two tests this week. End of year school exams, attendance at LARP, planned visit to us, and two doctors appointments all affected. That's just our family, who, fortunately are all double vaccinated, but not invulnerable.
Of course, both anti-vax infected boys attended school on Monday, so both their classes plus who knows how many others are all exposed. :rant:

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Mike. Her selfish actions, or lack of, perfectly typify the consequences for others. I’ve long thought that politicians have tackled the issue of vaccine passports from the wrong direction in that the onus should be on those who won’t get vaccinated to prove that they are medically exempt and if not they should be penalised. EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!