????

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: ????

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Paul K wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 16:01
It was a bit worrying when I went all dizzy.Two weeks to go till both vaccines are up to speed, and then it's the pub for the first time in about 20 months! :guinn:
Steady on at the pub, Paul or you'll find yourself all dizzy again :party:

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Kevin Farnell wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 15:39
Steady on at the pub, Paul or you'll find yourself all dizzy again :party:
:lol: :lol: At least this time it will be an expected side-effect, Kevin ;)

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Tomliner wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 15:18
Hi Mike. Her selfish actions, or lack of, perfectly typify the consequences for others. I’ve long thought that politicians have tackled the issue of vaccine passports from the wrong direction in that the onus should be on those who won’t get vaccinated to prove that they are medically exempt and if not they should be penalised. EricT
Hi Eric,
There's a rule here that you can't enter various places, such as non-essential shops without proof of double vax. Sadly, this puts a lot of strain on retailers, and there have been stories of physical assaults of shopkeepers by those who oppose.

A follow-up on my post: the whole school is closed today.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Tomliner wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 15:18
Hi Mike. Her selfish actions, or lack of, perfectly typify the consequences for others. I’ve long thought that politicians have tackled the issue of vaccine passports from the wrong direction in that the onus should be on those who won’t get vaccinated to prove that they are medically exempt and if not they should be penalised. EricT
I'm with you Eric and I would take it a step further too.

I have long held the opinion that if these selfish anti-vax idiots live in a country that provides free (or subsidized) healthcare then when they get COVID (which they eventually will) they should not be taken straight into the ICU in front of everyone else who may need the facilities too but should be made to stay at a secure, quarantined, location until a space becomes available. They should also be charged the full costs involved for their care on the principle that if the idiots rejected the free preventative healthcare (i.e. the vaccine) then they automatically rejected any free follow-up healthcare when they get sick too!

In countries where people have to pay extortionate rates for healthcare (like our American neighbours to the south) then the insurance companies should cancel any insurance coverage for positive testing anti-vaxers! You would think the insurance companies would jump at the chance to refuse coverage as they seem eager to do it at any other time things look like getting expensive for them!

Vaccine mandates have existed as long as there have been vaccines to treat illnesses and they work, just look at the modern infection rates for things like measles, polio, TB, smallpox etc., etc., etc. In every case where vaccines are available the infection rate is dramatically reduced when the majority of the population are vaccinated.

Bottom line ........... if you reject the vaccine then you automatically reject any follow-up health care too. You made your choice now live with the consequences!

:rant:
Larry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I can remember having to have vaccines before travelling- yellow fever, scarlet fever etc, and then a compulsory anti-malaria tablet every day. You had to carry the vaccination certificates in your passport, and nobody batted an eyelid.

Nowadays, it's all about human rights, disinformation, discrimination, and all the other social media waffle, simply because they have a platform on which to gob off. On the news, I even saw someone wearing a yellow Star of David, because he refuses to be vaccinated and considered himself discriminated against, so equating himself with the Jews in the Holocaust. The hysteria and hyperbole of all this is beyond ridiculous.

What would your sensible pre-internet-era Grandmother say ? She'd say " There's a Virus ? Well go and get the vaccine then, like you do for all the other diseases". Simple as that.