Flight planners for MSFS2020

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Flight planners for MSFS2020

Post by Nigel H-J »

Pleased that you like using LNM Paul, I think it is the best thing since sliced bread although I do not use all the features though one feature I do use is the departure and arrival features.

Don't know whether you have tried it and do not want to tell you how to suck eggs but say you created a flight from Heathrow to East Midlands, right click the mouse over Heathrow Airport and select in the box Showing departure Procedure for Heathrow and then select the one you want, for East Midlands arrival do the same and select Show arrival Procedure and click on the one you want.

I really find that this flight planner is an excellent tool and can be used in any flight sim.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Flight planners for MSFS2020

Post by Paul K »

Nigel, worry not about the sucking of the egg - all info is good info, and I didn't know about right clicking for procedures, so there you go. :agree:

After finding it a bit daunting, I'm starting to find my way round LNM now. One of the secrets is NOT to have everything displaying in the map at the same time - e.g. switch VORs on and off as needed. It does seem to have every feature I will ever need, so I'm only going to have to learn it once. And, much faster than Plan G, which is the only real gripe I have with that one.

I'm also going to have to bone up in the Garmin 1000 glass panels too. I keep making a pig's ear of those. I've got the X-Plane manuals for the G1000, so they will help, I'm sure. :)