Update to Win 11 Available - Looking for Advice

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Update to Win 11 Available - Looking for Advice

Post by Vc Ten »

Not sure about the Quest Nigel, although I think you are better off letting the app sort it out rather than let windows try and configure it. I guess that's what the apps for :dunno:
The daughter bought the granddaughter a quest 2 for Christmas. Christ she's only bloody eight!!
I said "don't you need to run it through a pc or summat" Daughter said "No it uses Facebook" :S I think it was just streaming some game through our WiFi, or else it had some games pre loaded.
I think she thought I wanted it to try out on the sim. But I didn't give her the satisfaction of me asking :lol: Might get it to try someday when the granddaughter's fed up with it.
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks Dale will do some more searching and see if I can find something. I think kids even as young as your granddaughter probably know more than we think they do!! :lol:

I now have Track IR which replaces my old one as it gave up after ten years solid use, one reason for using Track IR in X-Plane 11 is that I can have everything, graphics etc right up to max and really enjoy the scenery but with the Quest 2 even though I have to drop the settings it really is a different experience being sat in the cockpit instead of looking at the screen, once you get used to it or rather your brain becomes accustomed to various manoeuvres there really is nothing that can compare to it.

So I suppose I can get the best of both worlds in the sim.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

TSR2 wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 16:40
Nigel H-J wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 16:21
W10 will be supported for 3 more years, so you could just leave it until you need a new machine.
Ben, how the hell do I get round the wife for one!! :poke: :lol:
I don’t have one of those to worry about :lol: :thumbsup:
So far I have been sticking to Win7, but i had not considered the benefit of SWMBO freedom built into Win11. Perhaps they should make more of this marketing aspect. :lol:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
AllanL wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 15:31
TSR2 wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 16:40
Nigel H-J wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 16:21

Ben, how the hell do I get round the wife for one!! :poke: :lol:
I don’t have one of those to worry about :lol: :thumbsup:
So far I have been sticking to Win7, but i had not considered the benefit of SWMBO freedom built into Win11. Perhaps they should make more of this marketing aspect. :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage