VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

A new idea 2510 challange.

Post by blanston12 »

Hi All,

Its been pretty quiet here for some time, so though I would put forward an idea that might liven things up. I'm calling it the 2510 challenge, fly 25 aircraft 10 hours each. You start with your own fleet and 2.5M in V$ and you need to earn the money to buy all the aircraft. I wrote up some rules on how it could work.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KmT ... sp=sharing

Once you have reached 25 aircraft you can continue to 50 or start over, you can also start over at any time if you don't like how its been going.

Its based on an idea I saw Samantha Scott, member of the Fly Vegas VA on FSA did. Here are her rules.

https://sites.google.com/view/flyvegasv ... authuser=0

also

https://forum.fsairlines.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10017

I had been trying a variation of it on my own using a 'World Travel Airways' on FSA and had finished 50 aircraft but though it might be fun to do it in our VA here. What does everyone think?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: A new idea 2510 challange.

Post by TSR2 »

I like the idea Joe. The problem I have at the moment is there aren’t many aircraft in MSFS I’m interested in. There’s a few on the way though 👍
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

TSR2 wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 19:05
I like the idea Joe. The problem I have at the moment is there aren’t many aircraft in MSFS I’m interested in. There’s a few on the way though 👍
Hi Ben, yes if your trying to just use MSFS its hard, I went and looked back on what I just did in my test, 85% of the flights I did were using P3D v4 or v5. I just got the Aerosoft DHC-6 and am continually waiting for the AH DC-3 but really there are so few 'classic' aircraft for MSFS that I use it rarely, that will probably improve over time. I have the PMDG DC-6 but the few times I have tried it, it did not work for me. I know there are those who love 'Study Level' aircraft but I really don't want to study, the virtual co-pilot and flight engineer should handle those details for me.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I had to do a rebuild a few weeks ago, so atm I’ve only got MSFS on. I know what you mean about study level. I hate the expression tbh. I love the Blackbox BN2, it’s just the right level. I can’t remember if it was Dave Farrow or Tonks said years ago people need to remember that there’s usually a crew of 2 (or more) so simulating every little detail would make it unusable in a sim. I’m looking forward to the JF146 and a good 757.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Joe
I like the concept of the idea, but doubt it could be completed just using Msfs 2020 aircraft. There's 20 or so default in the sim but are all modern so the cost to purchase from FSA would reflect that. Just don't think you could get profitable as the sim is, at the moment.
As Ben, I only have 2020 installed
Dale
Image Image Image