mcx issues

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

dehaviland20
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

mcx issues

Post by dehaviland20 »

hello all. i am trying to convert david maltbys awesome aircraft for my own p3dv4 use. i am repeatedly having error messages in the message log saying "no permission to write in folder" i am also trying to convert the viscount vanguard hs780 and hs748 as well. is there any way i can fix this situation? :help:

dehaviland20
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: mcx issues

Post by dehaviland20 »

i am also trying to gain permission from david maltby to convert his models.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Model conversion is generally frowned upon unless it’s the original author using tools like MCX.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

It's a while since I used MCX to convert Dave's models to Fsx. At the time I couldn't convert directly to P3d. There is a useful tutorial by Tom Gibson over at Cal classics on the use of MCX.
You will need the 64 bit sound dll if you are using p3dv4 or above. Plenty of Info out there.
All of Dave's models once converted to Fsx native, worked perfect in P3D. I tried to convert Rick's 748, but had problems with the prop animation. Still the aircraft showed, and worked OK otherwise.
Dale
Image Image Image

dehaviland20
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dehaviland20 »

Vc Ten wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 09:32
You will need the 64 bit sound dll if you are using p3dv4 or above. Plenty of Info out there.

Dale
where can i find the 64 bit sound dll file?

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

https://www.douglassdawson.ca/
You need to replace the original dll in the panel.cfg with the xml gauge (second one down)
As I said there's quite a bit out there Just Google 64bit sound dll p3dv4
Get the model converted to native fsx first. Good luck
Dale
Image Image Image

dehaviland20
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dehaviland20 »

iv downloaded the sound dll, but i cant find the panel.cfg. where can i find it?

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

In the panel folder.
If you don't know the basic architecture of the flight sim model, you haven't a chance of successfully converting it.
You can't use the sound file as it is. You have to rename it and if my memory is correct you need to change the file extension to .gau to dll Do the conversion to fsx before before worrying about the sound gauge.
Here is a link about Doug's gauge, with some examples of application https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/1375 ... romLogin=1
Dale
Image Image Image