A Very Interesting but Complex Model Update X-Plane for 12

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A Very Interesting but Complex Model Update X-Plane for 12

Post by Nigel H-J »

Same as Paul Nigel, I always like to read what’s going on.
I had no significant investment in P3D as most of what I was flying was FSX generation stuff, so MSFS wasn’t a huge expense for me. If I’d had a big investment in P3D I’d maybe have hung back. That said I think I’ve only bought 3 or 4 MSFS aircraft over the last 18 months as there isn’t much that floats my boat.
Will let you know Ben, though don't how know how long after releasing the Beta will the Demo come out, hopefully the same time.

I have quite a few aircraft now but holding back even if the VC10 is released by Just Flight, want to be sure that V12 is good enough to keep, or another thought is to buy MS2020 and just keep using V11 as I think you can get MS2020 for around £50, I just like the scenery in that sim and honestly, the longer I wait for V12 the more I want to fly in a sim that offers all the trimmings especially in VR where I think Laminar will lag behind in giving reasonable performance which is, from having read regarding V12, will still be a problem.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Something that occurred to me the other day, regarding MSFS and payware add-on aircraft - right now there are some aircraft on my must-buy list ( e.g. the PMDG DC-6 and Aerosoft Twin Otter ) and others under development ( e.g. MD-11 and Dash 7 ). But, having bought the excellent JF Arrow, I'm not sure whether I really want anything more. The thing with MSFS is that the scenery is the star of the show, and as long as you're in something decent, like said Arrow, it's the environment outside that holds the most appeal. You can now travel, and view the world.

On top of that, some of the default MSFS aircraft have been taken in hand by the community for further development. For example, the Fly By Wire project to develop the default A320 - that's your tubeliner requirements sorted. Then there are the continuing improvements to the DA62 and the Garmin G1000, which together give you a perfect ultra-modern touring twin. Robert Young's turbo mod for the default Bonanza is getting great reviews, and of course if you want to go old school, there's Dave's Rapide. I think Rob's Barracuda is available in MSFS too.

All of the above are free, or free mods to the default planes, so with the scenery being the big draw, you kind of get everything you need without having to buy additional payware aircraft. Scenery payware is a bit different, because it enhances what is already very good. I have Orbx's Singapore add-on, simply because I love the place, and SamScene's New York - flying round Manhattan at dusk, just as the lights are coming on, is quite an experience.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

We have update 8 on Monday, I don't think it gives us the proper fluid dynamics (I think that's scheduled for 9) We get a Famous Flyer though, the Beechcraft 17 I think there will be a marketplace charge for it. Would do for the trip to Melbourne as long as it has an autopilot :lol:
As a sim for low and slow, its a no brainer The scenery is so much a step up and covers the whole globe.
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Question regarding aerodynamics, the Blade Element Theory of which X-Plane 12 will have on its' release, will that be in the short or long term run in MS2020?

Regards
Nigel.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Ben's video posted the other week says the new prop system arrives with su8 (this coming Monday and the new flight dynamics su9 which will be 2 months time (next world update is 22 March - Iberia)
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many thanks Dale, still thinking which way to go may be leave it for a couple of months, might even run both sims though V12 will have autogen as apposed to real world and that is putting me off somewhat even though probably Orbx will still work with True Earth hopefully.

Regards
Nigel.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

If you go for it Nigel I sure you won't be disappointed. Like Paul's says the scenery is the star. Its so imersive. Even from the start, I could take off from Hawarden and follow the road all the way to our village. No Orbx, no active sky. All I need are better airports, some payware, but mostly freeware. As you see some of the freeware is amazing.
Yes we have waited a while for some descent aircraft, the SDK has been slow developing and the flight systems were crap, but its coming on in leaps and bounds now.
Dale
Image Image Image