Ukraine

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Ukraine

Post by FlyTexas »

Here's a video of Russians protesting in St. Petersburg. Watch the woman being arrested at 41:40. :lol:
https://youtu.be/83YSrW1HTgk

Brian

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

A Sky News crew got caught up in the fighting round Kyiv while returning from an attempt to report from a nearby town. One was hit in the back and another took two rounds to their armoured vest but they were ultimately rescued by Ukrainian police.

Be warned that the film includes the targeted attack on their car by a Russian reconnaissance unit.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-tea ... k-12557585

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Sadly, I feel that Putin will win this because he has so much resources and power.
This morning we're told that a newspaper and TV station were "liquidated" because they were not broadcasting propaganda.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely as they say. :'(
Last edited by Airspeed on 05 Mar 2022, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

AllanL wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 22:50
A Sky News crew got caught up in the fighting round Kyiv while returning from an attempt to report from a nearby town. One was hit in the back and another took two rounds to their armoured vest but they were ultimately rescued by Ukrainian police.

Be warned that the film includes the targeted attack on their car by a Russian reconnaissance unit.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-tea ... k-12557585

Absolutely horrific and chilling video! Thank Heavens their now safe.

Nigel²

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Airspeed wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 00:28
Sadly, I feel that Putin will win this because he has so much resources and power.
He may win the war, bur He'll never win the peace!

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Sanctions biting, Putin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0wYtLkx-H4

That's exactly what they're meant to do. No sanction should be lifted until every Russian soldier has left Ukraine and Russia recognises it as a sovereign independent nation.

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

It is difficult to know whether he has actually been seen since Monday. Yesterday there was a most extraordinary bit of film showing Putin talking, rising to his feet, then sitting and talking again, but when this was taken is not clear. The fact is that whatever the military outcome ( and that is looking very uncertain with mounting losses of Russian aircraft put beyond doubt by actual wreckage on the ground, and the deaths of 3 commanders in the army ) Russia is condemned for the foreseeable future to pariah status . There really is nothing to "win" now, and if further lunacy arises with an attack on the Baltic states or Poland then the result will be all out war with limitless consequences. I believe that the Chinese are the key to this : they have everything to lose, and nothing to gain, from this situation

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

I don't think he cares about the sanctions; he will press on with the invasion, then roll over a couple of other ex USSR countries. Will probably cut off natural gas to Europe and see how they put up with the cold.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Chosen the wrong season for cutting off gas : the worst of the cold has passed ! I am not as gloomy as you Mike : I doubt that Russia really has the capacity to roll over any former USSR state, and the only real possibility is Moldova., because the Baltic states are NATO . This invasion has gone spectacularly wrong in every way, and the only military options being exercised seem to be missile strikes . I sense from this morning's news ( corridors opened ) that the Russians are desperately looking for a way out ; whether that is Putin's choice, or that of the rest of the mob, is a question still to be answered.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I noticed a DC8-72F over Berlin flying East a few minutes ago. I didn’t think there were any still active. I wonder if it’s humanitarian aid? No registration on FR24.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage