New payware Edgley Optica available

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

New payware Edgley Optica available

Post by Paul K »

This has just been released, and as it's half price for the first week, I couldn't resist. The perfect plane to go sightseeing in MSFS. :)

https://flightsim.to/product/ea-7-edgley-optica

The VC looks well-equipped; the dog and cat are optional. A very interesting aircraft, and it might be going back into production too.

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Re: New payware Edgley Optica available

Post by Silversim »

Paul K wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 14:37
This has just been released, and as it's half price for the first week, I couldn't resist. The perfect plane to go sightseeing in MSFS. :)

https://flightsim.to/product/ea-7-edgley-optica

The VC looks well-equipped; the dog and cat are optional. A very interesting aircraft, and it might be going back into production too.
Hi Paul,

I've got the freeware version, single livery, kilo relaxin' ;) & great fun to fly, but..... is it worth a tenner to upgrade? your opinion could sway me *-)

Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Well, first impressions are that I like it, but it's a bit of a bugger to trim for straight and level, and the interior textures could do with refining, so I'm glad I got it at the reduced introductory price. I have a feeling there'll be some further development in time, as they sound like an enthusiastic and engaged group of developers. As for whether it's worth having over the freeware version, I've never had that one, so couldn't say. More flying to be done, and screenshots to come, but overall I'm happy. :)

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Paul K wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 19:58
Well, first impressions are that I like it, but it's a bit of a bugger to trim for straight and level, and the interior textures could do with refining, so I'm glad I got it at the reduced introductory price. I have a feeling there'll be some further development in time, as they sound like an enthusiastic and engaged group of developers. As for whether it's worth having over the freeware version, I've never had that one, so couldn't say. More flying to be done, and screenshots to come, but overall I'm happy. :)
Thanks Paul,

I thought it was me with the trim problem ;) I think it could be a tenner out of the purse tomorrow :) especially as the freeware version seems to have disappeared.

Gina

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

The freeware version was developed by one or more of the team behind this new payware one; that's why it's no longer available. I'd have a close look before buying, as you may only be getting minor improvements for your money.

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Paul K wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 23:35
The freeware version was developed by one or more of the team behind this new payware one; that's why it's no longer available. I'd have a close look before buying, as you may only be getting minor improvements for your money.
*-) .....you've got a good point there Paul, thank's again.

Gina

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

I use the ORBX one and am happy with it.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.