MSFS Settings

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

MSFS Settings

Post by TSR2 »

I have a pretty good PC and have been largely happy with the performance in MSFS. I noticed that when I pull up the Xbox Game bar to take screenshots, the GPU was running at 90+% as was the VRAM. CPU was between 15 and 20%. I wasn't bothered as my performance was good.
I was reading a post that someone made on the main MSFS forum last night and he had said that increasing the level of detail sliders can improve performance. This seemed a bit odd, but I thought I'd give it a try. Both my object and terrain LOD were set at 100.

I've just increased these top 400 and 200 (maximum on the sliders) and the performance is notably better. Terrain mesh seems to load straight away, no more loading as you approach it. The CPU usage has gone up to 25-45% and GPU usage has gone down to 80%.

Might be worth a try.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: MSFS Settings

Post by DaveG »

Interesting. I'll have to give that a try, if I ever get around to actually flying and not just sitting on the runway in developer mode reloading the aircraft every two minutes. :lol:
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveG wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 17:37
Interesting. I'll have to give that a try, if I ever get around to actually flying and not just sitting on the runway in developer mode reloading the aircraft every two minutes. :lol:
:lol: Go on, you know you love it. ;)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I’m thinking of doing Paul’s trip in a hunter 😁

I don’t have the time to do it in anything slower.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage