Well I never!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Well I never!

Post by 511Flyer »

Last week I received a letter from NS&I asking me to confirm my change of address. I forgot to do that 15 years ago when I moved.

These are the people who deal with national savings, and among other things, Premium Bonds.

Back in 1965, or thereabouts, I purchased some Premium Bonds and had completely forgotten about them. They still have them on record.

Today I received a letter telling me that back in 2012 I won £25, and the cheque was included.

:excited:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Well I never!

Post by Airspeed »

:thumbsup:

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

They should have added interest to your winnings imo. Back in 1974 I briefly worked at the NSB in Glasgow. Death Claims dept. People would submit relatives savings books, Bonds, Investment a/c etc and we had to sit there working out the interest due on sums invested donkeys years ago and forgotten abot. Anything over 1 pound was liable. It probably was not cost effective as there was so much to and froing getting hold of wills and probate etc.
Mind numbing stuff. All pre e-mail, computers of course. :wall:
Alex

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I used to have an account with TSB when at school as each week we used to put some money into the savings accounts we all had, this was the schools idea so that we would have something for when we grew up or growing up.

Some years ago I found my old TSB savings book but only about six pence was remaining from the fifties, as far as I know now, the account has never been closed!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.