The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Il-2 Series

Post by Airspeed »

I deleted all my Sturmovic stuff off the old computer, but had forgotten why.
I recently put Cliffs of Dover and COD Blitz back on, and as I couldn't find my original Il-2, I bought Il-2 1946 for a whole $14.50.
NOW I remember why I deleted them.
In COD Blitz, the controls have all been set to match my yoke & pedals where possible. (It actually doesn't want me to set the pedals as rudder control, but will let me set the individual toe brakes).
BUT when I try it, NONE of the controls work. In fact, the first training session is supposed to start with the instructor taking us through - switches on etc etc. What I get is the Tiger Moth on the grass running at about 3/4 throttle, enough to career all over the place, but not enough to take off. No rudder, can't increase or decrease throttle. "Stay on the runway" the instructor says Then the he tells me it's the worst example of flying he's ever seen and he's taking control. He then continues to swerve about until he smashes us into a building, and it's all over :(
So I'll try COD.....Running first time setup..... then all blank. Do it again, repeat :wall:
:help:

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Il-2 Series

Post by Filonian »

These things are sent to try us Mike :agree:

Graham :hide:
Last edited by Filonian on 22 Apr 2022, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Sorry I can't help, Mike. I had Blitz installed, but I can't recall ever having control issues. I might reinstall it at some point, but my enthusiasm for it, and the other IL2 Sturmovik sims, has waned somewhat. :(

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi All,
Seems that the settings had to be SAVED then APPLIED, not just APPLIED.
Have done a couple of basic training sessions to confirm.
Tried a couple of single missions, which left me bewildered.
Commander kept saying "stay in formation", but it looked like they were following ME; bad move as I didn't spot the enemy at all :$

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I just do a few quick missions, that I saved so I can change my ammunition to different types. Glad I don't play on-line though as I cannot for the life of me fire accurately i.e. deflection shooting. Just give up after a few interceptions on bombers etc.

Now using a Thrustmaster joy stick and thought it would improve my game play over the Logitech 3D Joystick but..........Nooooo!!

I just tend to lose interest after being shot down multiple times!! :doh:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

I find setting the joystick hat on the Hotas especially frustrating. It's fine on the Cardinal points but the 45 degrees ones not so much. IL2 1946 is OK but the newer ones like Cliffs of Dover and Forgotten Battles not so much. Same with either J/stick, my trusty Saitek X52 (17 years old!!) or my newish (4 years old) VKB. I tend to try for about 10 minutes with these and just give up and go back to FSX.
DCS and Falcon BMS no issues so it surely cannot be a j/s fault. The trouble with these two is there is just much to learn and who has the time.
Alex