Congratulations to Her Majesty

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Congratulations to Her Majesty

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Huge congratulations to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on her 70 year reign and long may it continue. Her service to the Nation and The Commonwealth has been absolutely exemplary. Although She holds incredible powers, She has always chosen to defer decisions to the people via a democratic vote, other than signing off new laws and appointing Governments. She has also been the best Ambassador a country could ever have and has promoted the UK and The Commonwealth throughout her reign.
It was wonderful to see the huge crowds in The Mall in a great outpouring of affection for our Monarch, with millions more watching on television. I love all the traditions that these events bring. When it comes to pomp and ceremony, we don't do things by halves. I loved watching The Trooping of the Colour and the flypast over Buckingham Palace.

So, Thank You Your Majesty on the achievement of your Platinum Jubilee.

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin Farnell on 03 Jun 2022, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Congratulations to Her Majesty

Post by FlyTexas »

I've been watching the YouTube videos of the ceremony today. Was very happy seeing Queen Elizabeth looking well. :) May she reign for many years to come. And yes Kevin, nobody does pomp and ceremony like you Brits. :thumbsup:

Brian

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Hear, Hear !

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Certainly loved by millions and respected by other millions for a job well done.
I won't send a personal card, but I'll post congratulations to HRH here.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Congratulations to the Queen, the world's longest serving head of state. I have enormous respect for her.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

I have been getting up early to watch the coverage on BBC World News. Congratulations to Her Majesty who has done so much for Britain and the Commonwealth and is much loved worldwide. I remember watching her coronation at my great aunts in June 1953. Auntie was the only one with a telly and many family and friends were there> The curtains were drawn and lights out as everyone crowded around the small screen. It was rather a dull cool day and the whole event was taking place about 5 miles away.

God save The Queen! Long may she reign.

Nigel²

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

I'm somewhat saddened that Her Majesty has had to miss a couple of events, these being The National Service of Thanksgiving from St Paul's Cathedral and the Epsom Derby. I know how much she loves horses and horse racing, but she is now 96 and her well-being must come first.
I have spoken above of how impartial she is (never commenting on political issues) and her incredible commitment to the UK and the Commonwealth. But, I think her influence has gone further than that. She has been an important person on the world stage and has the respect of many countries outside of her realm.
On a slightly different note, I went for a walk yesterday evening and on a lamppost just a couple of hundred metres from my house, was affixed a huge Union Flag. I just hope the council don't make them take it down. At least not until the finish of the celebrations (there were also many houses adorned with Union Flag bunting).
I believe that Sunday is planned for people to hold street parties (roads closed, tables and chairs set out and the community supplying home-made food for each other).
Sadly, the weather is not looking good, with heavy downpours predicted. But, we're British and we will make the best of it!

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I must admit I was really pleased that she was able to make events on Thursday, as I had been a bit concerned in recent months. She really seemed to enjoy it. Its hard to imagine that my Grandfather met the then Princess Elizabeth after the war, and that she is still here today. I met her briefly too many years ago, and she was genuinely interested in our school. I must say I think she shows much better judgement than those imbeciles we have adorning both sides of the benches of the house. If only she was the one running the country. Congratulation your Majesty. 🥂
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

I have just retired from the RAF after nearly 40 years Service as a pilot and am extremely proud to have served Her Majesty throughout the majority of my life.

God Save The Queen!

Best wishes
Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel Edwards wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 11:38
I have just retired from the RAF after nearly 40 years Service as a pilot and am extremely proud to have served Her Majesty throughout the majority of my life.

God Save The Queen!

Best wishes
Nige
Congratulations on your retirement, Nigel. 40 years of flying - that is some career. What are you going to do with yourself ? Something aviation connected ?