Caravelle

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Caravelle

Post by paul26may »

Every time I load my AFG Caravelle up in FS9 engines cut out. I know this can be avoided but I've forgotten how it's done.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Caravelle

Post by cstorey »

I think it is probably because your default flight has been saved at some stage with engines stopped. I should select your Caravelle, start the engines, and then save this flight as your default flight ( or indeed you can do it with any other type of aircraft aslong as the flight is saved as the default with the engines running )

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

I'll try that. ;)

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

I don't think "Saved Flight" have anything to do with this and I have to assume you're using the AFG (HJG hosted) CARAVELLE panels, base packs, and FDE data.

The latest version/s of this data is that available at HJG .... which also applied some FDE editing.

HJG have, since 2009, been responsible for providing all CARAVELLE support .... provided one's using the recommended/HJG supplied files.

When the CARAVELLE's, and their panels, each load into FS9 (and FSX too .... though they've never officially been cleared for FSX marketing they do work within this platform) one is presented with 2 selectable start-up options as follows ....

1. COLD START

2. EASY START

Selecting "COLD START" the engines will auto-shut-down when these simulations load into FS and one must then configure all panel systems and start the engines manually (for advanced users only) .

Selecting "EASY START" and selecting a number of items the all panel systems and the engines will auto-start when these simulations load into FS (for common use).

The following data may assist you .... quoted from the CARAVELLE manual I compiled for the AFG/HJG hosted CARAVELLE simulations ....

CARAVELLE MANUAL (2009 edit)
https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thre ... ling-notes

ENGINE STARTUP AND PANEL SYSTEMS CONFIGURATION (ALL CARAVELLE PANELS)

Upon successful installation of these panels and their being loaded into FS with the selection of any CARAVELLE aircraft at the start of each flying session the following 2 startup options will be offered ....

- COLD START

- EASY START

.... as presented per the following view showing this particular startup options selection screen ....

COLD START OPTION

Selecting the "COLD START" option from the startup options screen will result in each CARAVELLE panel loading into FS with both engines and all essential aircraft systems shutdown. The engines will be heard to spool down and most other panel instruments then be seen to become inactive/flagged as the panel loads into FS. The following view showing the Electrics Panel obscuring .... intentionally .... most of the Main Panel view will then also be observed ....

A very easy method of engine startup and the configuration of all essential aircraft systems available per this "COLD START" option as follows ....

Using the mouse curser simply drag the Electrics Panel down or toward the right to expose more of the Main Panel .... as per the following image ....

Locate and mouse click upon the silent hot spot/selection point which is situated toward the top of the Main Panel and below the left vertical windshield combing. On some CARAVELLE Panels this position is identified by a knob labelled "FAIL". On other CARAVELLE panels this position is unmarked and may be associated with a lamp, or, situated between lamps and knobs within this same location. On all CARAVELLE panels this silent hot spot/selection point is usually situated within the same 1 CM diameter area of the Main Panel as identified per the following image ....

Mouse clicking this silent hot spot/selection point will result in the following sub panel selection icons then appearing over the Main Panel ....

To select the easy "COLD START" engine startup option simply mouse click on the "FAIL" icon. This will result in the following engine startup and systems failure screen selection screen then being presented over the Main Panel ....

For automatic engine startup and the configuration of all essential aircraft systems simply select "ON" each of selectable tabs associated with each of the following items/functions and as appear illuminated in the above image ....

- "EASY START ALL SYSTEMS AND ENGINES ON

- "ENGINES AUTOSTART"

- "ELEC AUTO"

- "HYDR./AIR AUTO"

Then select "VALID"

Then select "EXIT". All other "FAILURES" options can remain selected "OFF" .... unless specifically desired.

This will result in the Failure Options screen closing and the following clean panel view then being presented ....

At this point all essential aircraft systems will have been activated and the aircrafts engines will .... automatically .... begin spooling up individually.

No further intervention is necessary during this engine startup phase.

Upon the completion of engine startup all that then remains to be done is the manual setting of flaps, T/O trim setting, and aircraft external lighting.

EASY START OPTION

Selecting the "EASY START" from the startup options screen will result in each CARAVELLE panel loading into FS with all engines and essential aircraft systems running.

This option is most suitable for those users wishing to get straight into the business of flying and without worrying about the supposed complexity of individual engine startup procedures and the configuration of all essential aircraft systems.

Upon successfully loading this startup option into FS all that then remains to be done is the manual setting of flaps, T/O trim setting, and aircraft external lighting.

It is recommended that users unfamiliar with previously released versions of these CARAVELLE panels first select this "EASY START" option until becoming familiar with the various essential operations and features of these panels, but also, do not be afraid to try the "COLD START" option too. Both engine startup methods are equally simple.

This should see you right.

If issues persist the direct your query to the HJG forum where all CARAVELLE support is provided ;)

Mark C
AKL/NZ
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !