Flying Iron's Spitfire and P-38 - anyone got um ?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

migman29
Trident
Trident

Re: Flying Iron's Spitfire and P-38 - anyone got um ?

Post by migman29 »

Paul K wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 20:08
I did get to grips with the A2A Spitfire and the Real Air one, when I had FSX and P3D - and what you say is just about how I remember it, though there were a lot of bent Spitfires in the process. However, there was still something about the Spit that I just didn't enjoy - even with the two best models produced for those simulators. The Brit in me feels almost obligated to get Flying Iron's Mk.IX especially on this auspicious Jubilee weekend, but...I don't know what it is that's putting me off. If it was a Hurricane, I'd have no such qualms. *-) Right now, the P-38 appeals more. I'll think a bit more, and try to get a grip! :lol:
P-38's are lovely things,very flyable indeed and as you say,very stable ground handling.
IIRC,I once gave a virtual display with David Copley's version of Glacier Girl to none other than the late and much missed
Leif Harding(aka Dispatch Dragon on here many moons ago)at his virtual ranch/airstrip home on a virtual Hawaii when he used to
run the Venture Hawaii VA many years ago over at The Pond(Britsim) during an on-line fly in for his birthday.

Hurricanes are nice(the Sanderson versions),but you have to think about what you want to do with either just over 1000hp(Mk.1)
or just over 1200hp(Mk.2)under the bonnet for display work,they're a good bit heavier and not as nimble as a Spit.
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I was thinking about Leif about a week ago, after finding an old photo of a C207 he had some R/L hours on. I remember him inviting me to join his VA, but at the time I wasn't confident that I had the skills or discipline to do it justice. He was such a friendly bloke, and his passing brought home to me just how much the loss of someone can affect you, even though you have never met them in person. It's an internet thing, I suppose - you get to talk to them, and so you feel you know them, then they are suddenly gone. Rest in peace, Leif

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Good old Leif. When I was first hired on at Southwest Airlines Leif was a dispatcher at Allegiant Airlines here in the US. At the time he referred to Southwest Airlines as Southworst Airlines. :lol: Rest in peace, Leif. :(

Brian

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Southworst Airlines! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

FlyTexas wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 04:00
Good old Leif. When I was first hired on at Southwest Airlines Leif was a dispatcher at Allegiant Airlines here in the US. At the time he referred to Southwest Airlines as Southworst Airlines. :lol: Rest in peace, Leif. :(

Brian
Fond memories of our chats. I well remember him terming Las Vegas as Lost Wages :lol:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I'm close to a decision on the Spitfire and P-38.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Dither and Delay Paul… of should I call you Theresa 😂😉
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

TSR2 wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 22:21
Dither and Delay Paul… of should I call you Theresa 😂😉
:lol: Call me what you like as long as it's not late for dinner. I'm quite certain that a decision has to be made, that it will be made and made soon. There - I can't be any clearer than that. ;)