importing pictures from an iphone se 2020 to a windows 10 laptop

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

importing pictures from an iphone se 2020 to a windows 10 laptop

Post by AllanL »

As it says above, a friend is having difficulty importing pictures from a replacement iphone se 2020 to a windows 10 laptop.

Their previous iphone linked up ok, sadly I do not know but suspect an older version of the SE, but now the "new" iphone does not want to play to upload pictures from the phone to the laptop.

I think itunes and/or iCloud had been previously involved but now they do not seem to want to play.

Any ideas on how to connect the new device for picture transfer?

Cheers,
Allan

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: importing pictures from an iphone se 2020 to a windows 10 laptop

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Allan,

It really depends on what software they use.

I use Onedrive, so everything from my iPhone syncs up to my onedrive and onto my PC automatically.

You can also plug the lightning cable from the iPhone into the PC. A message on the phone will ask if you want to trust the device (the pc) and if you say yes, you can browse the photos on the iPhone from the PC (and copy them to the PC etc).
Theres no need for iTunes to do this any more (in fact apple almost discourage it.)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: importing pictures from an iphone se 2020 to a windows 10 laptop

Post by AllanL »

Thanks Ben,

That is really helpful.

I have an android phone so things apple are alien territory to me. We had managed a backup of the old phone several months ago, but now being at the age where suspicious draughts round the knees on leaving the house make me nervously check that I have put my trousers on, it had long gone from my memory.

Cheers,
Allan