MSFS Display settings

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

MSFS Display settings

Post by TSR2 »

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have changed my display setting on MSFS from 4K to 2K and I'm finding it much better. I have a 27" Samsung 4K monitor which is superb, but I'd found that for general computing the resolution was too high and I was getting eye strain. So I tried a 2K monitor (temporarily swapped one with a colleague) and find it much mor comfortable for working at. But what's more MSFS seems to run even better than before. Yes I know its half the resolution of the 4k one, but it really does seem noticeably better. :cpu:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: MSFS Display settings

Post by Paul K »

Hi Ben. When I ordered my new computer in early November last year, I was very tempted to go for a 4K monitor, as the CPU and GPU specs seemed more than adequate. In the end, I went for a new 2K Dell monitor, because I wanted the computer to be able to comfortably run maximum settings at 2K, rather than struggle with settings at 4K. So far, I think I made the right choice.

There is another thing - 4K bothers me! When I moved back to Norwich I bought a TV, the first one I'd owned in about 15 years, and it is HD, or 4K. First time I watched anything HD on it, I had to go back to the normal definition channels - for some reason, it looked so clear that it didn't seem real. :lol: